We're located at 216 W. Jefferston St., Sullivan, ILSign in to contact Sullivan First UMC
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Children's Ministry
- Family Ministry
- is United Methodist
- has an average worship attendance of 191
Job at Sullivan First UMC
Director Of Family Ministries
Expectations: Our primary expectation is that this position will assist our children, youth, and young families in fulfilling our congregation’s mission statement. We see the following as being helpful to that end . . . .
• Grow FUMC children & youth ministries spiritually and numerically • Assist young parents in connecting and putting down roots as they grow spiritually • Be mentored by the Directing Pastor, remaining accountable and responsive to his oversight of the various ministry areas. • Present semi-annual or quarterly ministry updates and goals for the coming year to the appropriate committee(s).
• Participate in a yearly job performance review. • Stay current with ministry practices by reading, attending leadership conferences, etc.
• A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with children, youth, parents, and the congregation • Team building skills (or the willingness to develop team building skills) • One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God and a teachable spirit. • One who is gifted and is called to children & youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level. • An engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with the United Methodist Church’s beliefs and polity, and our congregation’s mission statement to produce fully-devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
• Lead and organize effective programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, stewardship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities. • Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer children/youth staff with diverse gifts & personalities. • Provide mentoring and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis. • Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. • Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement. • Support FUMC parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff. • Seek to integrate children & youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with & complement other church ministries. • Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation & development of the cong.'s ministry. • Any additional duties or responsibilities assigned by the Directing Pastor.
We are a mid-sized congregation about an hour from Champaign, IL and an hour and fifteen minutes from Springfield, IL. The congregation is currently experiencing an exciting influx of young families with kids.
The congregation is highly focused on ministry and mission. We have 2 Mission Trips each year to LaCebeita Honduras (Feb. & July), and the Sr. High Youth have a domestic Mission Trip each year as well.
This congregation is a healthy, caring community of believers seeking to demonstrate God's love and grace through word and deed to one another, the surrounding area, and around the world.
Due to our current Children & Youth Director about to relocate after she gets married, we are looking for someone to lead and share the love of Jesus with our children and youth.