We're located at 190 S. Fairmont Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92808Sign in to contact Canyon Hills Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Assistant/Associate pastor
- is Presbyterian (PCUSA)
- has an average worship attendance of 180
Job at Canyon Hills Presbyterian Church
As part of their call, this person will identify and engage in opportunities for ministry with children, students and families and develop essential multigenerational connections in ministry. As a congregation attuned to community engagement this pastoral
Job Title: Associate Pastor for Spiritual Formation and Community Engagement
Full Time - Ordained
Reports to Pastor/Head of Staff, Session, Congregation
Primary Role: To aid congregation in fulfilling its vision and mission, by engaging in programs of spiritual formation for students and families, developing opportunities for ministry with multi-generations and supporting connections with local, regional, global service and mission partners.
• Provide vision, leadership, resources to the Student and Family Ministry team that encourage holistic Christian Formation via various programs and engagements. • Implement models for ministry with students/families that apply to the needs and challenges of families in our community. • Build relationships with youth and their families within our congregation.
• Provide oversight to Children’s Ministry and its programs. • Recruit, train volunteers working with all age youth. • Identify, implement opportunities for ministry with younger generations in our congregation. • Provide advice and support to Session’s Mission and Community Service team, in particular to the work of local service partnerships. • Participate in worship planning and leadership including preaching 6-8 times/year, officiating sacraments, worship assistance, other acts of liturgy, weddings, funerals as directed by head pastor. • Assist in designing new worship experiences to connect all age seekers with the sacred. • Participate in all required meetings. • Serve in Los Ranchos Presbytery seeking opportunities to work cooperatively with other churches in the presbytery. • Seek to establish ecumenical relationships within the community.
Certified for Ordination in PCUSA
• Dynamic faith in Jesus Christ • Spiritually grounded and continuing to grow in faith • Strong desire and ability to create authentic faith experiences with adolescents, college students and young adults • Passion for community service and engagement • Ability to develop a vision and plans from listening to the congregation, the Holy Spirit and their own heart • Innovative, creative thinking • Appreciation of various worship styles and expressions within the Reformed worship tradition • Strong communication skills including Biblically sourced sermons that speak to current culture • Reformed, inclusive theology • Demonstrated commitment to building personal relationships, outreach, and pastoral care • Ability to foster growth of lay leadership • Collegial leadership style • Confidence • Sense of humor • Appreciates organizational and strategic planning
Canyon Hills Presbyterian Church is a place of welcome, a place of belonging and a place of healing even if you stumble upon our doorstep at 2 AM in the middle of a storm, sopping wet, dirty, exhausted. We will share what we have to those in need, our neighbors near and our neighboring communities into the world as God directs.
We are the local, neighborhood church for people experiencing imperfect lives where grace, forgiveness, care and support are offered and where judgment is left up to God alone. We are a community of faith gathered around the family table ready to share what we can and be cared for when needed. We are brothers and sisters in faith to one another with all the goodness and struggles that come from family.
We are intentional about maintaining a big tent for our congregation that includes people from a variety of faith traditions and backgrounds or no tradition at all. We are encouraged to as believers in Jesus Christ to experience the presence of God in our daily lives and work to connect our faith to the other aspects of life so that faith becomes central to our lives.