We're located at 115 Paddock Drive, Versailles, KY 40383Sign in to contact St. Andrew's Anglican Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Anglican
- has an average worship attendance of 150
Job at St. Andrew's Anglican Church
Youth Minister position in Versailles, KY
The Youth Minister works cooperatively with the Family Minister, the Rector, the church staff, parents and volunteers to design and implement an effective discipleship plan for middle and high school students, helping them toward mature Christian adulthood.
The Youth Minister at St. Andrew’s Anglican Church will:
1. Display a testimony of Christian conversion and a life of mature discipleship to Jesus Christ,
with on-going evidence of the fruit of the Spirit.
2. Have an informed understanding of faith development in the middle and high school years,
with a passion and willingness to provide discipleship opportunities for the youth in our
3. Recruit, build, and inspire a team of parents and lay leaders who partner together to assist
every youth in our parish to grow closer to Jesus.
4. Provide life on life discipleship to students by spending consistent time with them at school
events, in social settings, and with friends in their peer groups.
5. Build intentional relationships with students in our Avanza program and their families in order
to include them in the discipleship programs at St. Andrew’s when they enter middle school.
6. Involve students and their families in regular service, witness, and outreach, instilling a
strong commitment to the mission of the church to spread the gospel locally and abroad.
Expectations for Youth Minister at St. Andrew’s include:
1. Affirmation of the Theological Statement of the Anglican Church in North America, and
submission to its Constitution and Canons.
2. Understanding of the Anglican way of sacramental worship, with an adherence to the
doctrine and practice of baptism as entry into the church, and confirmation as a life-defining
point of personal commitment to Christ.
3. Intentional support/training for parents within the parish toward the development of strong
families in which young people are formed into Christ-followers.
4. Leading youth (and their families) in establishing durable habits of Bible study, Scripture
memory, and prayer.
5. Assisting youth in discerning early signs of spiritual gifting, and creating opportunities for
these gifts to be used and developed in gathered worship services or other church
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent in actual ministry experience of four years or more. Graduate work in a related field is highly desirable.
Experience/skills: Demonstrated leadership management experience, proven success leading
volunteers, basic computer, interpersonal skills, children, youth, and family ministry experience,
Spanish language and/or Latino cultural understanding. Job requires medium exertion, long
periods of standing, walking flights of stairs, bending, and lifting.
We believe the youth should be an integral part of the church body. We also seek to support families in the discipleship of their children and teens. Additionally, we have a growing outreach ministry to Hispanic children and families.