We're located at 4101 Nebraska Ave NW, Washington DC 20016Sign in to contact National Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Young Adult / College Ministry
- is Presbyterian (PCUSA)
- has an average worship attendance of 650
Job at National Presbyterian Church
Associate for Youth Ministry in Washington, DC
The National Presbyterian Church (NPC) is seeking an Associate for Youth Ministry, to support their growing and active youth ministry. The Associate for Youth Ministry will work with the Director of Youth Ministry to develop the relational aspect of the existing youth ministry programs, specifically with a focus on boys’ discipleship. The Associate for Youth Ministry may also have an “R and D” role in exploring new ministry initiatives with young adults. NPC is an historic and vibrant Presbyterian Church (USA) congregation located in northwest Washington DC, near American University.
To learn more and apply for this position, please visit nationalpres.org/jobs.
Primary Responsibilities for this position include:
• Developing discipleship relationships with individual youth and building relationships with families. • Developing a connection plan, to ensure that every youth is contacted at least once/year. • Implementing of a new visitor follow-up process. • Supporting weekly Sunday School, High School Small Group, and Youth Group. • If applicable, developing a youth worship component on Sunday mornings, and developing youth leadership in music. • Serving as staff liaison for young adult ministry initiatives.
Qualifications for this position are:
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent ministry experience • Demonstrated enthusiasm for working with youth and university students, with a willing spirit to serve and be used by God in the lives of youth. • Demonstrated willingness to learn, to be mentored and taught, and to improve leadership skills. • Good skills in listening and oral communication. • Demonstrated ability to manage responsibilities with minimal supervision. • Demonstrated ability to work creatively, cooperatively, and collegially with staff, parishioners, volunteers, and as a team member.
To apply, please submit the following to [email protected]:
• Cover letter • Resume • List of 3 references Applications will be received until the position is filled.
For a complete job description, please visit nationalpres.org/jobs
The National Presbyterian Church (NPC) vibrant Presbyterian Church(USA) congregation located in northwest Washington DC, with a long history of ministry in the capital. Today, we believe our mission as a church is to lead people to become faithful followers of Jesus Christ together in God's world.