We're located in Nashville, TNSign in to contact Ministry Architects
This is a job in…
- Camp Ministry
- is Other
Job at Ministry Architects
Camp Director at the Greater New Jersey Conference
The Greater New Jersey Conference is seeking a full time Camp Director. The Next Generation Ministries (http://gnjnextgen.org) Camp Director serves as the head of camping ministries at the Pinelands and Aldersgate properties, leading camp ministry staff and volunteers to be increasingly effective in providing a world-class camp, conference or retreat experience, aligned with the Next Generation Ministries strategic plan. The camp director brings energy, ministry vision, inspiring leaders, and the ability to attract a growing number of groups and individuals to utilize the tremendous resources of Pineland and Aldersgate.
Essential functions for this position include:
- Inspire and lead camping staff with a unified vision, in a way consistent with the vision and values of Next Generation Ministries.
- Manage the hiring of program staff and ensure the effective, well-coordinated implementation of those programs.
- Develop and expanding menu of innovative programs each year.
- Provide professional development opportunities for key camping staff.
- Provide leaders, parents, youth, congregations, GNJ mission partners, conference staff, and the annual conference with magnetic invitations to enjoy the benefits or invest in a conference, retreat, or camp at Pinelands or Aldersgate.
- Work in consultation with the Executive Director of Next Generation Ministries and the Staff Action Team to implement the Next Generation Ministries strategic plan.
- Develop and maintain a web of connection among churches and leaders who are champions of Pinelands and Aldersgate.
- In collaboration with the Camp Operations Director and the Executive Director of Next Generation Ministries, prepare an annual budget for camping ministry.
Qualification for this position are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Camp Leadership / Certification preferred
- Five or more years in a camp/conference or similar work environment
- Youth ministry experience
- Proven experience in management and marketing
- Experience working with students of varied ages and a variety of cultures
- Experience working with a variety of cultures
More information and an application can be found at: https://www.gnjumc.org/news/camping-and-retreats-director/
Ministry Architects posts multiple jobs on behalf of churches that we partner with in a search process.
Ministry Architects exists to:
DESIGN sustainable, deep-impact ministries, one church at a time.
BUILD the competence, joy and longevity of ministry professionals.
CONSTRUCT bridges to the best ministry resources available today.
You can find out more about Ministry Architects at www.ministryarchitects.com. For questions specifically related to various jobs, please contact [email protected]