We're located in Nashville, TNSign in to contact Ministry Architects
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Children's Ministry
- is Other
Job at Ministry Architects
Director of Children and Youth Ministries at St. Francis Episcopal Church in Houston, TX
St. Francis Episcopal Church (www.sfch.org) in Houston, Texas is seeking a full- time Director of Children and Youth Ministries. St. Francis is a medium-sized, conservative, warm, and fun-loving congregation that worships in both contemporary and traditional styles, also offering a family worship on Sunday mornings that’s more kid-friendly. This position would report directly to the Rector and oversee a part-time ministry assistant and childcare staff.
Primary responsibilities for the position include:
- Work in collaboration with the children’s and youth ministries’ leadership to manage and lead weekly programming and special events for children, birth to high school
- Develop and explore opportunities for connection within the St. Francis Day School (currently enrolls over 900 Kindergarten-8th graders)
- Serve as a Church Liaison to the Sports Association Board, work with Sports Association Registrar, and attend monthly Sports Association Board Meetings.
- Recruit and equip volunteers to serve children and youth in weekly programming and special events (including the youth mission trip, VBS, etc.). This includes ensuring that all volunteers complete the required Safeguarding God’s Children Trainings.
- Work closely with ministry staff and clergy to coordinate milestones, events and programming for families, children, and youth.
- Engage children and youth into events sponsored by the Diocese of Texas as well as serve with the diocesan leadership for children and youth
Qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with the traditions, liturgy, and doctrine of the Episcopal Church
- Communication skills including familiarity with technology such as email, social media postings, texting, and other connectional tools useful for working with families and youth
- Organizational abilities to manage a large ministry as well as systems and processes
- Long-term call to ministry for children, students, and families
- Ability to recruit and equip volunteers
- Vision caster and people motivator
Submit your resume and cover letter to Renee at [email protected]
Ministry Architects posts multiple jobs on behalf of churches that we partner with in a search process.
Ministry Architects exists to:
DESIGN sustainable, deep-impact ministries, one church at a time.
BUILD the competence, joy and longevity of ministry professionals.
CONSTRUCT bridges to the best ministry resources available today.
You can find out more about Ministry Architects at www.ministryarchitects.com. For questions specifically related to various jobs, please contact [email protected]