We're located in Nashville, TNSign in to contact Ministry Architects
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Other
Job at Ministry Architects
Minister of Youth at St. Stephen's Episcopal Church in Edina, MN
St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church (http://ststephens.com/) is seeking a full time Minister of Youth who will oversee and direct the youth ministry by developing and living into a comprehensive vision for the ministry, ministering directly to youth (grades 6 - 12 and young adult volunteers), and their families through Christ-centered programs, activities, and relationship building. St. Stephen’s is a well-known and established congregation of 1,300 in the suburb of Edina outside of Minneapolis, MN. The congregation is invested in the spiritual development of its parish and is excited to add an individual to their team who will lead their efforts with youth.
Working in collaboration with a youth ministry team, this person will
Provide for weekly opportunities for youth formation, education, and community, principally on Sunday and Wednesday including:
1. A two year pre-Confirmation program for 6th and 7th graders. 2. A two year Confirmation program for 8th and 9th graders. 3. A senior high youth program for 10th through 12th graders.
- Plan, promote, and lead youth mission trips.
- Working with the Teens Encounter Christ (TEC) Advisory Group, help plan, promote, and lead TEC, a weekend retreat held twice a year.
- Recruit, develop, and empower adult and youth volunteers serving in the youth ministry.
- Provide pastoral care to youth and their families.
- Manage administrative tasks such as communications, youth ministry calendar, budget, etc.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in youth ministry
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in the Episcopal church tradition or a willingness to learn and teach the tradition
- Experience in recruiting and developing volunteers
- Be a team player working collaboratively with clergy, staff and volunteers
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience. Please submit your resume and cover letter to Wynesia Jackson at [email protected]
Ministry Architects posts multiple jobs on behalf of churches that we partner with in a search process.
Ministry Architects exists to:
DESIGN sustainable, deep-impact ministries, one church at a time.
BUILD the competence, joy and longevity of ministry professionals.
CONSTRUCT bridges to the best ministry resources available today.
You can find out more about Ministry Architects at www.ministryarchitects.com. For questions specifically related to various jobs, please contact [email protected]