We're located at 11010 SE 248th Street, Kent, WASign in to contact Kent United Methodist Church
This is a job in…
- Administration / Coordination
- Christian Education
- Young Adult / College Ministry
- is United Methodist
- has an average worship attendance of 250
Job at Kent United Methodist Church
Director of Adult Discipleship
Director of Adult Discipleship
Kent United Methodist Church (www.kentmethodist.com) is seeking a Director of Adult Discipleship to join our staff team. The Director of Adult Discipleship shall be a Christian Spiritual Leader who supports the United Methodist Church, is willing to commit to practice the Love-Grow-Serve-Share Journey of Christian discipleship, and the DRIVE practices in order to grow in Christ-likeness and to lead others in their spiritual growth. The Director of Adult Discipleship will direct and lead adult ministries for KUMC under the direction of the Pastor. She or he shall build Christian community through relationships which strengthen commitment to Christ and to God's mission in the world. She or he will help to develop and lead an adult ministry that is Christ centered, mission based, and that equips adults to live a life of godliness and service. The Director of Adult Discipleship will have good people skills that nurture team-building with the staff and congregation, and that support all people of the church in exploring their gifts. The Director of Adult Discipleship is responsible for the adult disciple-making system at KUMC, nurturing adults from their first contact through full inclusion in the way of life of following Jesus.
The duties and responsibilities of the Director of Adult Discipleship include:
1. Working with the Pastor, resource the Inviting, Welcoming, Discipleship, and Congregational Care Teams of KUMC to guarantee the success of our disciple-making systems.
2. Working with the Directors of Children’s and Youth Ministry, provide small groups and classes to help parents grow in faith, marriage, and parenting.
3. Working with the Pastor, communicate and teach the Jesus Way of discipleship practiced at Kent UMC to expand our mission-based culture (outlined in the church covenant) among the adult congregation.
4. Working with the Pastor, increase adult participation throughout all ministries of KUMC.
5. Working with the Pastor, identify, recruit, train, and disciple adult leaders for all areas of adult discipleship at KUMC.
6. Communicate and inform the congregation about adult discipleship ministries at KUMC.
7. Continue to grow in knowledge and skills for discipleship, Christian leadership, and vital ministry in the local church.
8. Enthusiastically participate in all staff meetings and staff retreats.
9. Model discipleship in your own life and do all that you can to build-up the staff team of KUMC.
10. Provide reports to the Administrative Council and the Annual Charge Conference.
11. Prepare and manage the adult discipleship budget.
12. Abide by the Personnel Policies and Safe Church Policies of Kent United Methodist Church.
1. The Director of Adult Discipleship will be a committed follower of Jesus with a passion for discipling others, a heart for reaching others, and experience growing groups in both depth of discipleship and in numbers.
2. Dynamic leadership abilities and strong organizational skills.
3. Ability to work cooperatively with adults, pastor, church staff and lay members.
4. Theologically consistent with KUMC.
5. Sound working knowledge of Scripture and desire to bring others to Christ.
6. Take initiative – be a self-starter on a regular basis.
7. Successfully complete a State and Federal background check.
Education— Bachelor’s Degree or related experience with adults
Compensation—commensurate with experience
Job Type—part time (20 hours per week) salaried
Application—send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] or by mail:
Kent United Methodist Church
11010 SE 248th St
Kent WA 98030
Deadline—August 28, 2017
Kent United Methodist Church is a welcoming and affirming church that takes being the hands and feet of Christ in the world seriously. We are committed to practice the Love-Grow-Serve-Share Journey of Christian discipleship.