We're located at 11010 SE 248th Street, Kent, WASign in to contact Kent United Methodist Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is United Methodist
- has an average worship attendance of 250
Job at Kent United Methodist Church
Director of Youth Discipleship
Kent United Methodist Church (www.kentmethodist.com) is seeking a Director of Youth Discipleship to join our staff team. The ideal candidate will be excited about building authentic relationships with youth and their families that model and foster a life of discipleship in accordance with our mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
The Director of Youth Discipleship is directly responsible for:
1. Overseeing the youth ministry of Kent UMC and directing the implementation of its mission and vision in order to create Space for Grace for all who participate.
2. Developing relationships with all KUMC youth and their families to nurture their relationship with Christ.
3. Recruiting, disciplining, deploying volunteers to build a web of relationships for each youth with multiple Christian adults in the church.
4. Connecting all youth to at least one other ministry of the church.
5. Managing youth ministry funds.
6. Infusing a joyful and welcoming atmosphere into all youth ministry programs.
The Director of Youth Discipleship will achieve these initiatives by:
• Praying for all KUMC youth and the youth ministry program regularly and facilitating a joyful and welcoming presence within youth ministry in order to create Space for Grace for everyone. • Prioritizing a ministry of relational presence by attending community and school events involving KUMC youth whenever possible, providing appropriate follow-up to first-time visitors and absentee students, and by being visibly available within other facets of ministry within the church and community. • Providing leadership for all programmatic pieces of the ministry including, but not limited to, Sunday School, youth group, fundraisers, seasonal events, retreats, confirmation, and mission trips. • Protecting the strategic progress of youth discipleship by maintaining and providing oversight to a leadership team that assists with youth ministry through routine evaluation of the health of the ministry; volunteer recruitment, training, and placement; calendaring of major events; aiding in the selection of curriculum and teaching templates; and setting short and long-term goals (updated annually) based on the ministry’s mission and values. • Providing training, resources, spiritual support and encouragement to the volunteers and paid staff working within youth ministry. • Ensuring that news, key information and priorities of the student ministry are communicated clearly to youth, parents and leaders through all electronic, social and print media. • Working with the pastor and other church staff in developing and leading programs to incorporate youth in all phases of the life and worship of the church. • With the assistance of a leadership team, developing an annual student ministry budget that includes anticipated revenue and expenses for each event.
Education—4 year college degree, preferably in related field
Experience—prefer 3 years of successful Youth Ministry work
Compensation—commensurate with experience
Job Type—up to 32 hours per week
Application—send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] or by mail:
Kent United Methodist Church
Attention: Susan Kipper
11010 SE 248th St
Kent WA 98030
Deadline—August 31, 2018
Kent United Methodist Church is a welcoming and affirming church that takes being the hands and feet of Christ in the world seriously. We are committed to practice the Love-Grow-Serve-Share Journey of Christian discipleship.