We're located in Panama City, FloridaSign in to contact Elevation Life Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Non-denominational
- has an average worship attendance of 200
Job at Elevation Life Church
We are looking for a fun, energetic Student Pastor, who loves and is passionate about students.
I. Summary of Role
The Student Ministries Pastor reports to the Executive Pastor. The primary role of the Youth Pastor is to lead efforts to achieve the purpose of Elevation Life Church in and through the Student Ministry, “Helping people find and become fully devoted followers of Jesus”. The Youth Pastor is responsible for the overall leadership and direction of the Student Ministry. He/she is responsible for all aspects of spiritual growth and development of middle school, high school and college aged students. This includes leadership of weekly programs and periodic special events. He/she provides leadership to Elevation Life Church to implement the vision and values of the organization pertaining to Student Ministries.
II. Principal Responsibilities
• Lead a team of volunteers in the creation and operation of a youth ministry, including weekly services and routine special events.
• Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff weekly programs and special events.
• Develop and disciple a group of student leaders.
• Educate, encourage and facilitate youth to participate in evangelical and missional outreach locally with peers, community and worldwide.
• Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy services for youth including a weekly youth driven worship. • Cast vision for, teach, and program any retreat or camp for youth through utilization of music selection, development of messages/teaching, and use of games and other artistic elements to inspire students to learn about God. • Create and manage a youth ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching of the ministry. • Implement student registration, program management, and security policies/practices in support of weekly services and special events. • Design, plan, and conduct periodic youth parent meetings in order to engage and update families of youth attending Elevation Life Church. • Assist in the development of an annual budget for youth ministries and manage spending this budget. • Be an active presence in local high schools scheduling periodic visits to interact with students at school.
III. Education, Experience and Personal Responsibilities
• This position requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience in leadership positions related to Student Ministry in a multiple staff setting.
• Ability to attract and direct a diverse group of volunteers in a variety of Student Ministry programs.
• Basic Personal Responsibilities:
o Growing personal relationship with Christ
o Maintaining a healthy relationship with spouse (if married)
o Maintaining a healthy relationship with children (if applicable)
o Financially support the works of the church
Elevation Life is a casual, fast growing, non-denominational church located in beautiful Panama City, Florida. We have a strong team in place and are looking for the right candidate to help us continue to carry out our vision of Helping People Find and Follow Jesus. The candidate must be passionate about students and love working with people from all walks of life.