We're located at 22 S 6th St., Lebanon, PASign in to contact St. Luke's Episcopal Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Young Adult / College Ministry
- is Episcopal
- has an average worship attendance of 125
Job at St. Luke's Episcopal Church
The person that fills this position should be able to act as a catalyst in connecting youth and young adults to God, one another, their parents, the congregation, and the community.
General Description: Youth & Young Adult Ministries Coordinator
A part-time professional position providing leadership for children, youth and young adults.
This individual will play a critical role in the parish as a member of the parish's staff, working with leadership, parents, and youth, and acting as a catalyst in connecting children, youth and young adults to God, one another, their parents, the congregation, and the wider community.
The incumbent will be directly accountable to the Rector and will collaborate with other members of the parish staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Youth & Young Adult Ministries Coordinator shall:
1. Oversee all aspect of a programming for children, youth, and young adults including Christian formation/education, social groups, and special events.
2. Develop healthy relationships with children, youth, young adults and their parents outside of regular programming.
3. Lead and organize events such as mission trips, conferences, and summer activities.
4. Recruit, train, support, and supervise adult volunteers.
5. Assist in worship as well as preach occasionally, if desired.
6. Share pastoral responsibilities such as hospital visitations as well as committee obligations as pertain to youth and young adults in the parish.
7. Attend and participate in ongoing training, continuing education and creative development as available.
8. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Rector.
St. Luke's is an historic congregation of the Episcopal Church located in the heart of Lebanon, PA (Diocese of Bethlehem). The church's scope includes all of Lebanon County (City of Lebanon and several smaller communities). It is near Lebanon Valley College (Annville) and Evangelical Seminary (Myerstown). We recognize that many models of ministry used in the past are no longer useful and that new forms of ministry are necessary to address the ever changing needs of those who seek to live as disciples of Christ.
The parish is undertaking a transformation of its approach to Christian formation/education by incorporating the insights and methods of "Re-Imagining Faith formation for the 21st Century".
Recent efforts at re-visioning the parish's mission and ministry have result in a three-year pastoral plan entitled VISION 20/20 (available at our website), which lay out long and short term goals for the community.
Among the key initiatives is an effort to incorporate aspects of a "virtual" parish through on-line interaction (social media, web based instruction, and other platforms). The focus of this effort is not only to adapt to the prevalence of virtual communication and interaction but to form community by the same means and, where possible, integrate the virtual and physical aspects of mission and ministry.