We're located at 4060 County Road 108, Oxford, FLSign in to contact First Baptist Church of Oxford
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Children's Ministry
- is Baptist (Southern)
Job at First Baptist Church of Oxford
Team Player: This person needs to work well with the senior pastor and other FBCO staff. There is a weekly staff meeting that will need to be attended, and the Youth Pastor will need to be willing to work within the vision and direction of the church. The Youth Pastor will also need to be able to build and lead healthy teams of volunteers.
Spiritual Maturity: This needs to be a person that invests time in their own spiritual growth through Bible study, prayer, giving, sharing their faith, serving others, and fellowship. This person should also have strong interpersonal relationship skills. They should not be prone to arguments, disputes, divisions, and anger. They should excel at reconciliation, patience, and peace making.
Discipleship: This person should be someone that prays, studies their Bible regularly, gives, serves others, and attempts to win the lost to Christ. In doing so, they should be helping others grow in their walk and live faithfully for our Lord.
Family Person: The ministry can be very demanding, and if we are not careful, we can lose our family while trying to build a successful ministry. The Youth Pastor needs to be a person who promotes family time and making their family their first ministry.
1. Must be a passionate soul winner.
2. Passionate about the vision and values of FBC Oxford and in alignment with our statement of faith (as outlined in the Baptist Faith and Message).
3. Meets the Biblical qualifications for a pastor as outlined in 1 Timothy 3.
4. Willingness to partner with the senior pastor in prayer, vision, and shepherding oversight.
5. A positive team player, not just in worship and youth ministry, but as a part of the larger staff and leadership team.
6. Willingness to assist in additional areas not mentioned below, as needed by the senior pastor and church body.
7. Must have the gift of teaching and able to preach on occasion.
1. Teach a Bible study or lesson every week (Wednesday evening and Sunday morning) to the youth, and seek to evangelize the lost.
2. Organize game and activity time into the Wednesday youth meetings.
3. Organize youth outings, such as outreach, summer camps, or other activities.
4. Identify, recruit, and train leaders to be a part of the Student Ministry.
5. Run and maintain background checks on volunteers.
6. During the week invest in the lives of students building relationships with them in the most effective ways possible.
7. Make sure that we are making disciples and that students know who they are in Christ.
8. Get students involved in serving in all areas of the church.
9. Have regular communication with parents and work to reach un-churched parents of students.
10. Have a strategy to reach un-churched students and implement that strategy to impact schools around the city.
11. Make Wednesday night service a place where students can bring their unsaved friends and find Christ.
12. Prepare an annual budget for needs of youth ministry.
13. Set up specific annual goals for the Youth Group.
14. Assist in leading Thursday Men’s Open Gym Basketball.
15. Keep consistent office hours.
16. Assist in management of the church social media (Facebook and website).
1. Oversee the children’s programs by recruiting volunteers, running and maintaining background checks on volunteers, and equipping them to teach children.
2. Regularly meet with teachers of children’s programs and be a continual resource and encouragement to them.
3. Direct VBS each summer by planning, leading, and recruiting volunteers.
4. Use different methods of outreach (events, visitation, etc.) to reach families with young children.
5. Prepare an annual budget for needs of youth ministry.
6. In order to protect all involved with the Youth and Children, we will follow the requirement that at least two adults to be present at all times during any sponsored program or event involving youth, not being alone with the opposite gender.
This is a full-time, salaried position. To apply, please send resume and statement of doctrine to Pastor Andrew Krop at [email protected]!
First Baptist Church of Oxford is a Southern Baptist Church located near The Villages, Florida. The Villages is one of the largest retirement communities in America. While this presents FBC Oxford with opportunities to reach older individuals, the area is growing with young families to work the area. Because of this, FBC Oxford is seeking to build youth, family, and children's programs, and move from a predominantly older congregation to a mixed congregation. This means many changes, but we are confident that God is in the process. We are a loving church, passionate about the gospel, and eager to find ways to help the community around us.