We're located at 512 2nd Ave SE, Cullman, AL 35055Sign in to contact St. John's Evangelical Protestant Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Non-denominational
Job at St. John's Evangelical Protestant Church
Full-Time Youth Minister: We have a strong student ministry with a team of dedicated volunteers who help disciple 80 students in grades 7-12. Many of the key volunteers and structures are already in place.
St. John’s is committed to the next generation. We have a strong student ministry with a team of dedicated volunteers who help disciple 80 students in grades 7-12. Many of the key volunteers and structures are already in place. We are seeking a full-time Youth Minister who is excited to build upon the stable foundation of the past two years and lead the ministry into continued faithfulness and greater fruitfulness.
Our St. John’s Youth Mission:
Helping students grow in the grace and truth of Jesus Christ
We are looking for a candidate with…
- Faith: A mature commitment to Christ demonstrated through life and testimony
- Passion: a demonstrable passion for and calling to youth ministry
- Fit: an understanding of the unique personality and call of St. John's
- Experience: some experience with youth and/or church ministry preferred
- Education: Bachelor's Degree desired; formal ministry training preferred
You’ll thrive in this position if:
- You genuinely love being with students
- You want to gain experience in a supportive staff that will provide mentoring, coaching, and collaboration
- You have a passion for developing student leaders
- You enjoy meeting students on their turf and building relationships in the community
- You value partnering with parents
- You are comfortable equipping parents to be adult leaders
- You enjoy teaching and want to further develop your speaking abilities
- You can develop and deploy leaders who can lead teams
- You’re action-oriented
- You can affirm the Heidelberg Catechism and exercise a charitable posture toward other streams of orthodox Christianity (see https://students.wts.edu/resources/creeds/heidelberg.html)
- You are familiar with some (or all) of the following: Orange strategy, Sticky Faith by Kara Powell, Growing Young by Kara Powell, Gaining by Losing by JD Greear, Purpose-Driven Youth Ministry by Doug Fields, Sustainable Youth Ministry by Mark DeVries.
JOB DESCRIPTION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Envision, implement and oversee the youth ministry activities and programming (approximately 80 students grades 7-12)
- Oversee the youth budget
- Recruit and equip volunteers
- Work with the staff, parents, and congregation to ensure fruitfulness
- Strategically partner with parents, encouraging and equipping them for spiritual leadership in the home
- Develop relationships with youth and families of the church
- Disciple and train youth to reach out to unchurched friends and classmates
- Be an active presence in local schools and the community
- Report to the Associate Pastor and provide updates for the church council
- Work with personnel committee as requested.
Interested applicants should email a resume to Pastor Nate Randall: [email protected]
St. John's Evangelical Protestant Church is Cullman's oldest church, seeking to minister in the name of the Lord Jesus to contemporary needs. Belonging to the Evangelical Association of Reformed and Congregational Christian Churches (www.evangelicalassociation.org), St. John's practices congregational polity and affirms the authority of Scripture for Christian faith and practice. There is an openness to implement ancient and traditional practices in contemporary ways. A spiritual home for many community leaders, St. John's has much talent to be harnessed for Kingdom work. The membership of St. John's hails from all parts of the community, and seeks to be a vibrant witness in all of Cullman County.