We're located at 1601 Woodstone Dr., St. Charles, MOSign in to contact Church of the Shepherd
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is United Methodist
- has an average worship attendance of 900
Job at Church of the Shepherd
Full time director of youth ministry, passionate about reaching youth and growing them in a relational discipleship process.
Church of the Shepherd is a vibrant congregation of 1100 members and an average attendance of 900. This outwardly focused congregation has a firm commitment to the next generation and their families that is being lived out through our relational discipleship program. We have recently completed a visioning process with Ministry Architects and are seeking a full time Director of Youth Ministries (grades 6-12) to live out our new vision for sustainable youth ministry with youth that are currently at COS and those that are yet to come.) This position will be assisted by a part time youth ministry staff and work in collaboration with the church staff team.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be to: • Envision, implement and oversee the youth ministry activities and programming • Recruit and equip adult and student leadership • Work collaboratively with other staff, parents and youth to grow disciples • Strategically partner with parents, encouraging and equipping them for spiritual leadership in the home • Disciple and train youth to reach out to unchurched friends and classmates • Be an active presence in local schools and the community
You will thrive and love this position if:
• You are a person of faith: A mature commitment to Christ demonstrated through life and testimony
• You have a passion for youth and their families: you love being with students
• Committed to Relational Discipleship: Discipleship is meant to be lived with others, maturing with, sharing, and serving one another
• You want to gain experience in a supportive staff that will provide mentoring, coaching, and collaboration • You have a passion for developing student leaders • You enjoy meeting students on their turf and building relationships in the community • You can develop and deploy leaders who can lead teams • You are action-oriented and self-motivated
Requirements for this position: • Experience: Two years of experience with youth and/or church ministry preferred • Education: Bachelor's Degree required; formal ministry training preferred • Beliefs: Mainline, moderate theological position • Management: Experience managing and leading others • Active learning with knowledge of current youth culture • Please send résumé to: [email protected]
We are an outward focused congregation committed to a relational discipleship process. For more information about our congregation, we invite you to check us out at www.churchoftheshepherd.com