We're located in Shawnee, KSSign in to contact Grace Christian Fellowship Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Music/Worship Ministry
- is Non-denominational
- has an average worship attendance of 150
Job at Grace Christian Fellowship Church
Energetic Youth Minister
Basic Candidate (to be considered):
- Any candidate applying must agree whole-heartedly to our Statement of Faith (see gcfc.net), and be Spirit-filled.
- The Candidate must have a calling and a passion, for Youth Ministry.
- The youth pastor will be responsible for building a strong junior high and high school discipleship program.
- Able to build Youth Ministry around the Mid-Week Youth Service consisting of Fellowship, Worship, Teaching, and Social Connecting among the teens to encourage, motivate, teach, and model to them Life Lessons from the Bible.
- To reach out to the unchurched in our area,
- To teach and train teens to effectively share their faith.
- To build a good reputation within the community at large.
- In summary, to be a self-starter and a visionary who can develop “next generation” leaders, and inspire students to pursue Christ and change their lives, families, and community.
- The youth pastor will also be responsible for organizing and executing core annual events for the youth group.
More Desirable Candidate:
- In preparation for the future, the Youth Pastor will spend time with developing leaders among teens and adult volunteers.
- Teach and model for Youth to actively pray for friends, family, and encouraged to invite the unchurched to the Mid-Week Service.
- Great communication & relationship development skills.
- Candidate must be energetic and driven to fulfill mission & vision of the church without constant oversight.
- Successful experience in planning and organizing outreach events for church & youth.
- Motivated to integrate with other (in-house) church ministries to initiate community outreach programs
- Would have a ministry related degree and 2-10 years of full time pastoral ministry within Youth and/or Worship ministries with track record of sustained growth.
- Would have worship leader experience with Youth or Church Worship Team.
Applicants, please provide references.
Grace was started 37 years ago by the current Senior Pastor Phil Ellsworth. Located in the suburbs of Kansas City in one of the richest counties in the nation, Grace is a unique church in that it houses both a thriving daycare and private school for grades K-6. Grace is known as a multi-generational family church with all age groups including a vibrant nursery-grade school children’s ministry. Grace is a theologically conservative, Spirit-filled church open to the Gifts of the Holy Spirit as taught in 1 Corinthians 12, 13, and 14.