We're located at 800 E S C st Gas City, INSign in to contact New Hope Baptist Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Family Ministry
- is Baptist
- has an average worship attendance of 140
Job at New Hope Baptist Church
New Hope Baptist Church
Gas City, Indiana
NextGen Pastor Job Description
The NextGen Pastor shall be considered an assistant to the Pastor and is to serve under the direction of the Senior Pastor. Primary areas of responsibility shall be established by the Senior Pastor and Board of Deacons.
NextGen Pastor must become a member of this Church and is to be an ex-officio member of the Board of Deacons and the Board of Trustees and shall serve on any other committee as needed.
Working closely with the Senior Pastor and lay leaders, the NextGen pastor shall:
• Create and lead worship for teens and young adults that results in spiritual growth and involvement in the church setting. This includes giving messages and / or lessons that are biblically relevant to this age group. The youth shall meet one night per week. In addition, the youth pastor shall teach the teen Sunday School class.
• Other times of meeting with the youth shall be added as the need and availability of sponsors dictates.
• Recruit, train and mentor volunteers to lead youth and young adult ministry programs.
• Reach out evangelistically to youth in the community through outreach ministries yet to be defined. This includes leading youth to develop a personal faith in Jesus Christ and helping them discover and use their spiritual gifts for ministry.
• Implement a Discipleship Ministry within the youth group.
• Provide meaningful opportunities for service.
• Supervise and provide resources for retreats and special events for this age group. This would include camp and missions opportunities.
• The youth pastor shall attend Deacon’s meetings as well as committee meetings deemed relevant by the Senior Pastor.
• Oversee Children’s Ministry. This includes defining curriculum, teacher training, recruiting and scheduling worker volunteers and filling in as needed. Children’s Sunday School, Junior Church, Wednesday Evening Children’s program, VBS, Christmas Program and summer church camp are the oversight responsibility of the NextGen pastor.
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
If interested please send resume and statement of faith to: [email protected]
New Hope is committed to youth in our community. We are seeking someone with a heart for outreach and discipleship. The focus of our NextGen Pastor will be discipling youth to make an impact on the lives of their families and friends.
There is a team of dedicated volunteers and an intern in place.