We're located at 20 2nd Avenue, Laurel, MT 59044Sign in to contact Grace Bible Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Music/Worship Ministry
- Young Adult / College Ministry
- is Bible Church
Job at Grace Bible Church
Grace Bible Church is seeking a man of God who has a passion for preparing the “next generation” of Junior High, Senior High and College students to become people who are committed to knowing and serving Christ, touching hearts and changing lives through
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a mature spiritual walk.
- A passion for building a ministry team of discipled leaders.
- Strong relational skills with students and parents.
- Visionary and creative in focus.
- Ability to follow through on plans through completion.
- Servant hearted.
- Subscribe to the Statement of Faith, Constitution, By-Laws, Goals, and Policies of GBC.
- Possess or in pursuit of at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Youth Ministry, Biblical Studies, Music or related field of study. A Seminary Degree is a plus.
Youth and College Ministry
- Support the overall mission of Grace Bible Church and its ministries.
- Lead and coordinate various activities for grades 7 through 12 and college. These include weekly small and large group meetings, mission trips, camps, retreats, and special events.
- Build relationships by personally getting to know the youth and college students and helping them to grow closer to God.
- Able to teach compelling Bible lessons that encourage teen and college students to desire a deeper spiritual life.
- Teaches, encourages, and promotes meaningful prayer culture in the ministry and lives of the students.
- Builds relationships and community within the youth and college groups through games and activities. Must be able to teach, promote, and have some fun!
- Develop a team of lay leaders who will work together to accomplish the objectives of the ministry.
Develop, oversee, and manage the youth and music budgets.
- Work with Senior Pastor to plan the corporate worship of the church.
- Leads worship in a rotation with others on the praise team in Sunday morning services.
- Helps to coordinate praise teams that lead the congregation in music and singing.
- Develops student musicians to lead worship during youth meetings.
- Appreciates a variety of Christian musical songs and styles that are both traditional and contemporary.
- Participates as a team member with a highly supportive staff.
- Maintains scheduled office hours within the church building.
- Reports to the Senior Pastor for personal/professional accountability and for the coordination of ministry programs.
- Communicates to parents regarding youth ministry programs and events.
- Other pastoral duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Skills and Abilities:
- Current on software and technology relating to youth/college ministry.
- Personable and teachable spirit by being willing to learn and grow.
- Able to organize the day-to-day operations of ministry programs.
- Experienced guitar or keyboard player and vocally proficient in praise and worship style of music.
A competitive salary and benefit package is offered to the right ministry candidate.
About Grace Bible Church
Grace Bible Church is a non-denominational community Bible Church located in Laurel Montana. The church was founded by a small group of people in 1959. The regular attendance of GBC today is 200-225 people. Our congregation is multi-generational, but our largest demographic is young families with children.
GBC is an elder-led community. The board of elders is made up of both staff and lay leaders.
The emphasis of our fellowship is found in the great commandment (Mark 12:29-31) and stated regularly around our community as “Loving God, Loving Others.” With this is mind, we have adopted a process that we call the “4 B’s” to help us keep focused on our biblical purposes. The 4 B’s are: Believe in Christ, Belong to His Body, Be Trained in Truth & Be Strong in Worship and Ministry.
A distinctive of GBC is our commitment to expository preaching. Each week our members and attenders are presented with a sermon based on a passage of Scripture. We seek to present God’s original, intended meaning of the Bible passage and then apply it to the life of the believer in relevant and practical ways. At the same time, we try to model grace in all things. We encourage authenticity and the regular confessing of our weakness and sin, even from the pulpit. The point of this is to try to eradicate the idea that the church is a place for people who have it all together. We are a community of people who are completely dependent upon the grace of God.
We also strive to develop an intimate community of believers. We value excellence, but we believe that church is not an event, rather the people of God. It is our desire that GBC continues to become a group of people who belong to one another, as they build lasting relationships.
GBC is currently in the third year of a capitol campaign to build a new facility. We currently operate in two buildings that are a block apart and have many stairs and “bottlenecks” as obstacles. Our vision is that the new building will be a multi-user space that can be used by both the church and the community of Laurel.