We're located at 1635 Old Ranch Rd, Colorado Springs, COSign in to contact Academy Christian Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Music/Worship Ministry
- is Non-denominational
- has an average worship attendance of 1 thousand
Job at Academy Christian Church
Student Ministry Worship
YOUTH WORSHIP LEADER
Academy Christian Church
Responsible to the Student Pastor for the growth, development, implantation of worship in the Student Ministry. Responsibilities also include discipleship of students.
PROFILE OF CHARACTER:
• Commitment to Christ • Theologically sound and biblically faithful • Excellent communication skills including all aspects of communication: o Interpersonal
o Effective listening
• Values a team concept of ministry • Dedicated to the discipleship of others • High moral and ethical character that is reflective in behavior and decision making
STUDENT WORSHIP LEADER/DIRECTOR ROLE
• Develop, in conjunction with Student Pastor, appropriate weekly worship service themes and plans. • Lead worship on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights. • Coordinate volunteers and musicians with set up/tear down with special attention to the audio and visual equipment. • Evaluate lyrics of all music to ensure they are biblically sound. • Provide ministerial guidance to those involved in the service. • Develop creative elements to reinforce the ideas put forth in the sermon/lesson. • Develop services that will be meaningful and relevant and provide a multi-sensory worship experience and learning environment. • Keep current with new worship music and implement into the service. • Spend time memorizing music to better engage students with eye contact. • Spend time working on transitions between songs/service elements so there is not much “dead time”. • Provide service opportunities through music, set-up/tear-down, audio/video. • Lead and oversee all rehearsals. • Recruit new musicians and volunteers. • Provide training for all audio/video tech volunteers. • Participate in camps and retreats.
STUDENT MINISTRY ROLE
• Be a part of the Student Ministry Leadership team. • Lead small group. • Participate in camps and retreats. • Teach if necessary
MAIN WORSHIP ROLE
• Assisting Worship Director to fill in playing/leading when needed.
• Musical abilities. • Proficient vocally (singing) with guitar and / or keyboard. • Working knowledge of sound and media technology. • Experience with leading or administration of a youth service.
We are an intergeneration church in North Colorado Springs. Our church really understands the importance of Spiritual Formation. We are church that takes learning Scripture very seriously. Our church is unique in the fact that we have a wide range of ages that we minister to. This is one of the most generous churches that I have ever been a part of. Also, did I mention that we are located in one of the prettiest places on earth-Colorado Springs.