We're located at 16000 Cumberland Rd., Noblesville, INSign in to contact Emmanuel United Methodist Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is United Methodist
- has an average worship attendance of 230
Job at Emmanuel United Methodist Church
Coordinator of Youth Ministry
Emmanuel United Methodist Church
Coordinator of Youth Ministry
The Coordinator of Youth Ministry is a strategic role in developing and implementing strategies that lead toward achieving the vision of our church for students in grades 7-12:
• Promote the Mission, Vision and Values of Emmanuel – Our mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. Our vision is each one reach one. We uphold these values: Christ centered, Bible based, Holy Spirit empowered, Relational and the exercise of Faith in Action. Our mission, vision and values compel us to reach out to surrounding community.
• Contagious Participation – develop and manage fun and engaging activities that naturally make students want to bring their friends, and have the process in place to help students have a deepening relationship with Christ.
The Coordinator of Youth Ministry meets regularly with our ministry directors in consultation with the Pastor to develop, coordinate and implement the ministry of the church. For our Student ministry (Ignite) this means helping students become lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ who learn to intentionally share the gospel in their community and beyond.
• Shows commitment to Christ and His church and is maturing in faith.
• Attends worship at Emmanuel and special services, and will be available to students and families before and after services as other duties allow.
• Has an appropriate level of education and experience.
• Demonstrates a desire to grow in faith and skills.
• Is a person of integrity and consistently expresses a positive attitude.
• Is a team player and cheerfully accepts accountability to the pastor and team.
• Expects and relishes change, challenge and growth.
• Understands and respects the need for confidentiality.
• Attends the weekly staff meetings and leads regular meetings with student and adult team leaders.
• Works the expected days and hours with flexibility as needed.
• Meets with pastor regularly for support, direction and feedback.
• Work in cooperation with other staff members in developing a 12-month curriculum plan for our Student (Ignite) Discipleship program. This effort shall be in alignment with our mission, vision and values as well as complementary to our discipleship pathway.
• Student discipleship programs include but are not limited to: Twice monthly Sunday night youth (Ignite) program, Sunday morning student life groups, confirmation for 6th and 7th grade, retreats, and national\international mission trips and local mission experiences.
• Recruit and provide leadership to the Sunday night teaching teams for the Ignite program
• Coordinate schedule for teaching team and student support staff with volunteer team in conjunction with the facilities coordinator.
• Network with school systems and campus ministries to develop partnership.
• Work with our staff and Student Discipleship volunteers to plan outreach and service events.
• Assist in planning and attending annual student mission trip and pre-teen local mission experience.
• Develop Christ centered relationships with students in the church to assist them in their spiritual walk of becoming disciples for Christ.
• Develop student leadership.
• Develop adult leadership to serve as team members to the student ministry.
• Coordinate with student support staff to attend school-sponsored and extracurricular activities of students.
• Creatively provide support and resources for parents of our students.
• Develop relationships with students and their families who are not yet regularly involved with student ministries.
• Confessed and baptized disciple of Jesus Christ.
• Daily prayer and time alone with God; regular Bible reading and study.
• Current on trends and practices in sustainable student ministry.
• Basic understanding of Wesleyan theology, the Orange philosophy and familiar with Sustainable Youth Ministry.
• Ability to work evenings and Sunday afternoons for related ministry.
• Competency in speaking, teaching and communication.
• Social media skills and usage.
• Possessing intergenerational and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working with recruiting and leading volunteer teams.
• Experience with curriculum development.
• Bachelor’s degree helpful.
Scope: Part time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Emmanuel UMC is a relational and mission-minded church conveniently located in fast growing Hamilton County Indiana at the intersection of Greenfield Avenue and Cumberland Rd.
We place a huge emphasis on helping families grow in faith together through our mission, vision, and values. This growth happens as result of our desire for every member of our church to Praise, Serve, Learn and Reach.
To accomplish this for students, we provide local, domestic, and international mission trip opportunities to help broaden their ability to be challenged in service as well as offering worship, life groups, and our Ignite student ministry program.
Many of our students serve in positions of high responsibility in the church such as roles in the praise band, in the audio-visual team, as peer leaders for the pre-teen ministry and in the nursery as care-givers.
We are also blessed to have a core group of strong adult volunteers who come along side our students to build authentic relationships and model a life of faith.
Emmanuel is a church heavily focused on shining God's light in our community and the world.