We're located at 14265 FM 428, Celina, TX 75009Sign in to contact First United Methodist Church of Celina, TX
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is United Methodist
- has an average worship attendance of 240
Job at First United Methodist Church of Celina, TX
Planning and implementing all aspects of ministry for students in grades 6-12.
The Director of Youth Ministry at FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH OF CELINA,TEXAS shall be a person of genuine and deepening Christian character, willing to grow as a loyal participant of a ministry team, able to work and communicate well and cultivate trust with other people in a growing congregation.
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Director of Youth Ministry is to assist families to raise their youth to know Christ and love all by developing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry (including the areas of worship, fellowship, and service) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model for students in grades 6-12.
HOURS: The Youth Minister will be a full-time employee and will be governed by
First United Methodist Church of Celina's employee policies.
STAFF SUPERVISION: Reports to the Senior Minister.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS: In conformity with First United Methodist Church of Celina's
policies and the United Methodist Book of Discipline, the Director of Youth Ministry will:
• Attend appropriate youth activities outside the church. o Lunches
o Sporting events (football, basketball, soccer, etc.)
o Plays, competitions, etc.
• Plan, organize, and implement all programming for students in grades 6-12. o Sunday morning Sunday School.
Select curriculum. Recruit adult volunteers. o Sunday evening UMYF.
Establish tradition. Set the agenda. Recruit adult volunteers. o Wednesday evening Bible Studies.
Select studies. Provide leadership. o Confirmation.
• Plan, organize, and implement all special events for youth. o Summer mission trips.
o Summer Conference Camps.
o Spring Break trips.
o Youth Week at end of summer.
o Quarterly local activities (DFW area).
• Recruit, train, and nurture volunteers. • Maintain Ministry Safe training on all volunteers. • Ensure that all youth programming and events are run according to Ministry Safe guidelines. • Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have a solid and growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ. • Must have a positive attitude and a spirit of grace and patience while working with staff and church family members. • College degree, preferably in area appropriate to ministry. • Excellent communication skills. • Ability to handle conflict with grace. • Ability to cast a vision for the direction of the church and communicate that vision. • Team building skills. • Must be able to keep confidentiality. • Training in vocal performance is a preference.
Long Term OBJECTIVES:
• Get to know the people of the church. Work hard to develop healthy relationships. • Grow the youth group. • Nurture a "team" mentality within the Alternative worship team and develop a strong • Establish a Youth Council leadership team. • Get youth involved in the broader church leadership (i.e., committees, worship).
We are an established church in a fast-growing community. We have a strong ministry to children and are looking for someone who is youth ministry career-minded and ready to design, develop, and nurture a youth ministry that takes students from hoping to knowing to growing.