We're located at 9755 N. La Cholla Blvd. Tucson AZ 85742Sign in to contact Grace Community Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Other
- has an average worship attendance of 300
Job at Grace Community Church
DESCRIPTION: To pastor and disciple middle and senior high school students to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
DESCRIPTION: To pastor and disciple middle and senior high school students to become
fully devoted followers of Christ.
POSITION: A full-time salaried position, based upon the growing needs of our youth
ministry. This position is to focus ¾ time on youth, and ¼ time in other areas to be determined, based on areas of personal giftedness. This position
will report to the lead pastor.
OPPORTUNITY: Position opened in October 2017 with a desire to be Eilled by the end of 2017
• Subscribes to the church’s Mission Statement through the spiritual commitments by: • Learning to love God and others through weekend worship (Know); • Maturing in faith and love with personal time with God and intentional relationships (Grow);
• Doing God’s work in the world by serving others (Go). • Seeks opportunities to improve skills to grow in the pertinent Dields of ministry. • Assists in development and oversight of the pertinent ministry budgets. • Meets weekly with Grace staff to create authentic community and to set clear expectations and goals that align the youth ministry with the vision of Grace.
• Participates in the implementation of vision by engaging in meetings with the body of elders (Foundations Team).
• Collaborates with area pastors on a regular basis for encouragement, support, idea sharing and potential partnerships.
• Accepts occasional pastoral duties assigned by the Lead Pastor, as need arises. • Is in agreement with Grace’s vision and Statement of Faith and holds membership in the church and establishes/maintains membership in good standing with the Covenant
Ministerium of the Evangelical Covenant Church.
• Fosters an environment of inclusion, encouragement and respect where students of all backgrounds feel sought out, welcomed, accepted, loved, and want to bring their friends.
• Models and encourages adult leaders in youth ministry to build relationships with students through attending events in students’ lives.
• Provides pastoral care, Bible-based teaching, spiritual direction and a safe, secure environment for the youth.
• Consistently develops relationships and provides engaging activities for youth that build authentic community, encourage discipleship, and equip students for evangelism,
outreach and service within Grace, our community, and our world.
• Develops relationships with unchurched youth to fulDill the vision of Grace. J O B D E S C R I P T I O N
• Discovers and develops potential adult and student leaders to contribute to the student ministry and overall life of the church.
• Builds relationships and maintains consistent communication with parents of youth and volunteer staff.
• Leads by providing vision, encouragement and support for all ministries to students, including those directed by lay leaders.
• Prepares students for living the Christian life as adults, by fostering cross-generational relationships, engagement in weekend worship services, etc.
• Educates parents on both faith and cultural issues facing youth. QUALIFICATIONS
• Is a mature and growing Christian leader with good moral character and integrity, as set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
• Senses a clear call to youth ministry and love for the church. • Has organizational and administrative skills. • Facilitates communication with youth, as well as parents, through social media outlets. • Is adept in written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. • Has a strong knowledge of God’s Word with the ability to teach in a way that is creative and relevant.
• Has proven ability to recruit and build teams, including the development of adult and youth lay leaders.
• Has proven ability to develop and implement strategy, and is self motivated. • Has an undergraduate degree with two previous years’ experience in youth ministry or related Dield (seminary degree preferred).
• Passes state and federal Dingerprint clearance and background checks. BENEFITS
• Pastoral Wellness Team is provided for additional encouragement and support. • Routine job performance reviews (including self evaluation) and appropriate goal setting will help ensure personal success and that ministries are moving forward.
• Continuing ministry allowance, education and spiritual direction funds are available. • Two weeks paid vacation and sick leave are available. • Health, prescription, dental and vision insurance is part of the beneDit package, as well as life insurance beneDits.
• Relocation assistance will be provided. GRACE’S MISSION: Love God (Know), Follow Christ (Grow), Make a Kingdom Difference (Go)
GRACE’S VISION: Imagine an authentic community where people are becoming fully devoted
followers of Christ, taking His love to Tucson and the world.
Please send all resumes and inquiries to [email protected]
We are a theologically conservative church with a strong desire to be light in our world by serving the lost and disadvantaged around us. Our youth ministry is called The Blender and seeks to blend together the Body of Christ's youth in all their gifts, talents, and passions to reach their friends for Christ.