We're located at 927 E. Terra Ln, O'Fallon, MOSign in to contact The Summit
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Non-denominational
- has an average worship attendance of 700
Job at The Summit
Student Ministry Associate
PART-TIME: 20-25 Hours/Week
The Student Ministry Associate serves under the Next Generations Minister, with the primary responsibility of overseeing the implementation of the Student Ministry, with the goal of creating an environment where students are discipled to live in the gospel and for the gospel to the glory of God.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
a. Gathering Coordinator
-Plan weekly gatherings for Middle School and High School.
-Prepare games, teaching and small group lessons for Middle School and High School. -Coordinate serving at the Sharing Shed twice a month and other serving opportunities.
-Plan and implement summer activities including camp and/or mission trips.
b. Volunteer Coordinator
-Recruit teachers to serve in Middle School and High School programs weekly. -Oversee the onboarding of new volunteers. -Implement regular and yearly appreciation of volunteers.
-Establish and Implement a yearly calendar for Middle School and High School. -Provide weekly communication to teachers regarding lessons and activities.
-Provide weekly communication to parents regarding lessons and calendar.
-Other duties as assigned.
1. Personal Character: Should have a genuine love for Jesus. Must be committed to growing in the spiritual disciplines, able to teach and lead parents and students, and practice leadership.
2. Doctrine: Must be in full agreement of the Summit statement of faith and have an ability to analyze curriculum to assure it is gospel-centric.
3. Education: Bachelor degree preferred.
4. Experience: Some experience working in ministry with students.
1. Connection: skilled at connecting with students and parents. Have a deep desire to be in community with students.
2. Disciple Maker: passion and skill to make disciples who will make disciples.
3. Team Player: Works well with others and has a good understanding of how to equip parents and workers.
4. Communicator: Ability to clearly teach the gospel to students. Must be well versed in engaging and communicating with youth through social media and other tools.
Span of Influence:
Reports to the Next Generations Minister
Works alongside the Children’s Ministry Associate
Leads the Student Ministry volunteers
Connects with parents of students in the Student Ministry
The Summit is a gospel-centered congregation that believes the gospel informs all things about salvation, growth, and ministry. We are located in O’Fallon, Missouri in a family-centered culture. Our congregation is 18 years old and has a weekly attendance of around 700.