We're located at 1905 Springfield Road, Kelowna, British Columbia, CanadaSign in to contact Trinity Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Baptist
- has an average worship attendance of 2.2 thousand
Job at Trinity Church
This role will serve on the NextGen Team to support the Middle School, High School and Young Adults respective pastors in leading the NextGen ministries in an organizational, practical and pastoral capacity.
Reporting Relationship and Responsibilities:
Reporting to Director of NextGen
Full-time position requiring daytime, evening and weekend availability
Start date: January 15, 2018, with a standard 3 month probationary period
- Bachelor Degree preferred - Adaptability and an openness to learning - High level organization, and understanding of operations and systems - Excellent communication skills, with good grasp of professional and relational communication - High “get it” factor of the importance of getting things done, primarily driven by relationship - Ability to work well on teams, also thriving when working alone - Thrives in fast-pace environment with a healthy approach to managing high expectations - Excitement to commit to continual learning and understanding of youth culture - Creatively-driven
Oversight of NextGen Operations, Systems and Policies:
- Ensure appropriate systems are in place to support an efficiently functioning environment for a safe, secure, fun and spiritually effective culture at MSY, HSY and YA
- Responsible for creating and maintaining systems for tracking students, families and leaders within the NextGen ministry, including attendance, follow-up, information database, etc. - Has a continual voice into and responsibility for creation and implementation of youth policies, including but not limited to Plan to Protect, First Aid, etc.
Leadership Development and Training
- Oversight of and care for the Experience Team (leaders who help to support the process and culture of NextGen programming: check-in, café, coffee bar, security, etc.) - Works with NextGen Team to create resources for leaders’ growth, equipping and development - Helps to facilitate skills training and equipping for NextGen leaders throughout the year
Responsible for NextGen Communication
- Works with the NextGen team to create engaging, informative communication for parents, students and leaders, including but not limited to:
- Newsletters - Leader Handbooks - NextGen Website - NextGen Social Media
Project Management (Shepherding) of all large Youth projects (retreats, mission trips, etc.)
- Logistical plans and details
- Work back dates/schedules - Forms and registrations - Supplies and packing, accommodation assignments - Delegation and follow up of tasks to others on the team - Event management (leading into and on-site)
Research and Topical Best Practices
- Ongoing learning about youth culture, trends and curriculum including conferences, blogs, social media, media, etc. - Provide quarterly updates on youth culture shifts to the NextGen staff and parents - Create and adjust best practice documents and resources for the NextGen team and leaders on youth trends and issues, with a particular focus on hot topics effecting youth and young adults - Serve as the key evaluation and feedback officer – regularly evaluating the NextGen programs via surveys, conversations, input from NextGen Team, leaders, students and parents
Branding & Social Media
- Ownership of youth branding with input from NextGen Team (including retreats, events and general branding) - Ensure NextGen has a continuous and current social media presence across multiple platforms - Keep up on social media and branding trends (including researching new social media platforms) - Facilitate team discussion on appropriate platforms to engage with youth, promote NextGen ministries and implement shifts/changes/adjustments as needed
Connect Regularly with Youth, Youth Leaders and Parents
- Present at NextGen midweeks and events for the purpose of both smooth programming as well as relational connection and familiarity with students, leaders and parents - Intentional connections with leaders outside of scheduled NextGen programming for discipleship and growth of leaders
To apply please email cover letter and resume by January 15, 2018 to [email protected]
We strive to become like Christ in every way. We find joy in introducing others to Jesus.
We journey as one family celebrating our unity in Christ and respecting our diversity as individuals.
LIFE ON A MISSION
We are sent out by Jesus to make a difference. We are called to represent Jesus in every culture.