We're located at 3501 W San Jose St, Tampa, FlSign in to contact Palma Ceia Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Children's Ministry
- is Presbyterian (PCUSA)
- has an average worship attendance of 800
Job at Palma Ceia Presbyterian Church
PCPC is seeking an experienced, action-oriented and forward thinking person of faith who will help us nurture and grow young disciples.
The Director of Children’s Ministry role serves to nurture and grow faith in children—birth through 5th grade—helping them and their families to become disciples of Christ in God’s love.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create a long-range plan for a comprehensive educational program for children ages birth through 5th grade, which prepares children to transition seamlessly into the youth program. • Oversee the selection, implementation, and evaluation of standard curriculum utilizing best practices in child faith development. • Implement, track, and assess programmatic offerings in our Nursery, Godly Play room, Sunday School and Special Programs (including Vacation Bible School, Arts and Adventure Camp, special programs for liturgical seasons, and other special outreach and recreational programs). • Plan and implement intergenerational offerings to promote fellowship and learning between children and church members of all ages, such as the Annual All Church Family Retreat. • Engage families and children to participate in program offerings. • Recruit, train, and support volunteers, leaders, and teaching staff for all programs. • Manage the faith formation resources and spaces to create appealing, welcoming environments that draw in children and families. • Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure programs are delivered in a nurturing, safe, and healthy environment.
Personal – You are…
• Passionate about children and families and connecting them to the larger body of faith. • A visionary, multi-tasking self-starter who takes action and leads others to act. • Holistic thinker who can sees and builds connections across other programs to create a seamless experience for families. • A positive and energetic relationship builder who draws in children, families, and volunteers to the ministry of teaching, and who works as an effective and collegial team member. • A lifelong learner who actively stays abreast of current trends in faith formation and finds new ways to engage families.
Professional – You can…
• Confidently lead the Children’s Ministry Team of the Faith Formation Committee, in cooperation with the Associate Pastor and other related teams and committees within Presbyterian polity, tradition, faith, and the style of the PC (USA) and the PCPC congregation. • Demonstrate knowledge of the Bible, Christian thought and practice, and the Reformed tradition. • Demonstrate knowledge of child development, faith development, and best practices within faith formation for children. • Make public presentations. • Maintain confidentiality concerning financial and personal aspects of the church and congregation. • Rally the enthusiasm and development of volunteers to support offerings beyond parents of the children participating in the programs. • Actively engage families and children to participate in program offerings—and create programs that meet the needs of today’s busy families.
Education and Experience – You have…
• A minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated success working within the field of faith formation (Christian Education) with an emphasis on Children’s Ministry. • At least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college. A Master of Arts in Christian Education is highly desirable. • The ability to relocate or live in Tampa, Florida.
• Supervises the part-time Children’s Ministry Coordinator and part-time Childcare Coordinator. • Reports to the Associate Pastor. • Leads the Children’s Ministry Team and participates on the Faith Formation Committee. • Cooperates with a number of other committees, including the Youth Committee.
HOW TO APPLY
• Submit your resume to Barbara Ryals, chair of the hiring team, at [email protected] or Rev. Nicole Abdnour, at [email protected] • Along with your resume, please include: o A statement of faith
o A description of your philosophy on Faith Formation in children
Since its beginnings as a Sunday School in South Tampa 90 years ago, faith development at PCPC has been an important foundation of our church.
The Director of Children’s Ministry role serves to nurture and grow faith in children—birth through 5th grade—helping them and their families to become disciples of Christ in God’s love. After a period of discovery and design, we are seeking an experienced, action-oriented, and forward-thinking individual who will help us implement our vision of the future of faith formation.
Faith Formation at PCPC
We provide opportunities for every stage of life to grow in faith.
In community, we develop as disciples of Christ empowered by the Holy Spirit through education, worship, mission, and service.
Our Vision :
Become disciples in God’s love.
Shared Life Experiences Across Generations
Connected to God and One Another
Rooted in Reformed Theology
Welcoming of Diversity