We're located at 403 E. Main St. Jamestown NC 27282Sign in to contact Jamestown UMC
This is a job in…
- Assistant/Associate pastor
- is United Methodist
- has an average worship attendance of 500
Job at Jamestown UMC
Energetic ordained person to be primary preacher and leader at our contemporary worship service
Jamestown UMC seeks an energetic elder (or on elder path) to serve as a full-time associate pastor with primary responsibilities in 1) leading, preaching and growing our contemporary worship experience and 2) cultivating/developing ministry to college-age and young adults.
We place a premium on innovation and creative planning in all areas of ministry, especially contemporary worship. We seek a qualified candidate with a calling to ministry with the Gen X, Millennial and Gen Y generations.
Outline of Responsibilities
1) Regularly plan, lead and preach our 8:45 contemporary worship service in close collaboration with our part-time contemporary worship leader, musicians and other worship leaders (worshippers, including youth who pray, sing, lead Children’s Time, etc.)
2) Work closely with pastors and other church leaders to develop ministry to college age and young adults (Millennials and Gen Y).
3) Occasional pastoral care (hospital visits, bereavement, homebound visits) in collaboration with Senior Pastor and Minister of Congregational Care.
4) On call one day per week (hospital visits, working with those needing financial assistance, responding to pastoral emergencies or deaths in the congregation
5) Participate in weekly Staff meetings
6) Other pastoral responsibilities and ministry initiatives that fit the candidate’s gifts and graces
7) Be accountable to the Senior Pastor and to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee
Large, traditional UMC in a growing area (NC Triad) that is aging and seeks to renew and re-fresh to better reach our community and new generations for Christ.