We're located in Murfreesboro, TNSign in to contact St. Mark's United Methodist Church
- is United Methodist
- has an average worship attendance of 320
St. Mark's United Methodist Church
Know the Word, Know each other, Know God
St. Mark’s United Methodist Church Position Description
Job Title: Director of Youth and Recreation Reports To: Executive Pastor
Position Status: Full-Time Employee
Position Summary: The Director of Youth and Recreation develops and implements programs and mission trips for middle-school and high-school youth. The position must balance the study of God’s Word, evangelism, and service with fellowship and relate Biblical and United Methodist principles to issues young people experience today. The position also coordinates college and recreational ministries. The position requires a self- directed team player who is organized and able to effectively communicate and motivate youth of all ages and their parents. The director serves as a member of the church staff, sharing in the support, care and coordination of the ministry of the entire church.
Responsibilities: Youth Ministries
1. Oversee the youth ministry of St. Mark’s UMC and direct its mission and vision with a balanced program of activities and discipleship.
2. Provide leadership and input to the Youth Council in developing and evaluating strategies and goals for promoting Christian growth and developing leadership in St. Mark’s youth.
3. Encourage and nurture youth and their families in the Wesleyan understanding of Christian faith and living.
4. Minister to parents of youth to assist parents in nurturing the faith of their children
5. Plan, implement, and coordinate youth mission trips, retreats, and various other activities that keep youth and their families involved in their faith and church life
6. Invite and coordinate youth participation in various service opportunities including Sunday worship, Easter sunrise services, and Senior and Junior high mission work and trips.
7. Promote cross-generational connections and integration with other ministries of St. Mark’s
8. Develop program budgets and manage fundraising campaigns as needed
9. Mentor and provide direction to summer interns, youth leaders, and others assisting with the implementation and execution of related programs and ministries
10. Participate in conference activities such as Summer Sizzler and Warmth In Winter.
11. Manage communication to youth, youth parents, staff, and church congregation.
￼ College Ministries
1. Coordinate Sunday school class programming for college students
2. Support Wesley Foundation activities as needed
3. Plan and implement seasonal activities supporting and encouraging college fellowship
1. Schedule activities requiring use of St. Mark’s recreation facilities and supplies
2. Coordinate community youth recreational ministries such as church-league basketball
3. Coordinate church-wide recreational activities such as participation in community leagues and events held at St. Mark’s
Qualifications: The Director of Youth and Recreation must have a sense of calling and passion for ministry with youth that is grounded in an understanding and appreciation of Methodist theology. This person should have significant experience in youth ministry and possess good communication skills with youth and adults. The director should be goal- oriented, self-directed, and self-motivated and should serve as a role model to the youth and other adults. This person must see this position as an opportunity to develop Christian faith and integrate youth into the broader ministries of the United Methodist Church.
Specific qualifications include:
A Master’s degree is preferred but not required Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills An ability to identify and foster leadership in adults and youth A desire to be a team player that work works well with other staff An aptitude for spiritual, emotional, social, and physical wellness An attitude of flexibility and adaptability in the face of changing moods, plans, and directions common to working with youth and parents A resilient and persevering spirit that is not easily discouraged or frustrated A desire to seek opportunities for youth to grow personally and spiritually A good sense of humor and an energetic personality Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Jobs posted by St. Mark's United Methodist Church
- Youth / Student Ministry
Posted 5 months ago