We're located at 4504 W 300 N Decatur, INSign in to contact Pleasant Dale Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Church of the Brethren
- has an average worship attendance of 337
Job at Pleasant Dale Church
We are seeking a full-time youth pastor committed to helping 6th-12th graders know, love, follow, and serve Jesus Christ.
Pleasant Dale Church seeks a full-time youth pastor committed to helping youth know, love, follow, and serve Jesus Christ. The Youth Pastor will serve as a teacher and spiritual leader within the church, providing opportunities for 6th-12th graders to grow in spiritual maturity, discovering their place in God’s story, kingdom, and family.
The candidate for Youth Pastor must:
• acknowledge Jesus Christ as lord and redeemer, celebrate the love of God the Father, and seek to grow in spiritual maturity through the power of the Holy Spirit.
• demonstrate integrity and humility, upholding moral values and ethical principles that reflect a commitment to the Christian faith.
• have a clear calling to pastoral ministry with youth and a willingness to pursue licensing and subsequent ordination within the Church of the Brethren.
• express high regard for Christian Scripture as sacred text, demonstrate biblical competence, and be capable of teaching and interpreting Scripture responsibly and contextually.
• maintain a commitment to personal academic and vocational growth; a relevant bachelor’s degree (or higher) is ideal. Pastoral experience with youth is preferred.
Ministry responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• providing a variety of opportunities for 6th-12th graders to learn Scripture, grow in spiritual maturity, and discover their place in God’s story, kingdom, and family.
• building meaningful, encouraging, mentoring, relationships with youth; this includes seeking opportunities to connect with students outside the church, being available for pastoral counseling, and connecting students with other adult role models and mentors.
• cultivating an intergenerational church community, emphasizing unity in purpose and mutual care and respect between all generations in the congregation, and encouraging and equipping youth to discern their gifts and become fully engaged in the life of the local congregation.
• planning and facilitating midweek youth programming that meets educational and spiritual needs of the students.
• planning and facilitating special youth trips and events including conferences and mission trips.
• recruiting, training, and equipping volunteers to work with the youth ministry.
• planning fundraisers to help offset costs for youth ministry events, and managing the youth ministry’s finances.
• recruiting Sunday School teachers for youth, offering guidance and direction, and choosing curriculum.
• maintaining a healthy and respectful working partnership with church staff and leadership, collaborating to maintain a healthy congregational life; this includes participating in staff meetings, planning special services, and reporting regularly to the Ministry of Christian Education and Ministry of Pastoral Care committees.
• assisting with other pastoral duties on occasion as needed, including preaching, hospital visitation, weddings, funerals, etc.
We are a healthy, growing, inter-generational, rural congregation seeking a full-time youth pastor committed to helping youth know, love, follow, and serve Jesus Christ. We have strong camaraderie among our staff, and a generous, hospitable, authentic congregation that seeks Christ together.