We're located at 1349 Macon Road; Griffin, GA 30224Sign in to contact First Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Administration / Coordination
- Camp Ministry
- Children's Ministry
- Christian Education
- Family Ministry
- Miscellaneous / Other
- is Other
- has an average worship attendance of 90
Job at First Presbyterian Church
We are looking for a Director of Children and Youth Ministries
JOB DESCRIPTION: Director of Children and Youth Ministries (up to 29 hours/no benefits)
PURPOSE: The purpose of the position is to lead in providing a comprehensive, age appropriate, Christian Education for children and youth. The objective is to teach faith in Jesus Christ and nurture a foundation of belief in Christ leading to life-long discipleship.
- Coordinate, promote, implement and develop a quality Christian Education for children and youth at First Presbyterian Church (FPC).
- Oversee and provide support for the Children’s Church ministry.
- Coordinate children’s ministry in the following areas: Sunday School, BLAST (monthly K-5 Youth Group), Wednesday Night activities, VBS, and other special events.
- Coordinate youth ministry in the following areas: Sunday School, PYF (weekly Youth Group), Summer camps, other special events
- Develop relationships with children, youth and their families. Initiate contact in various ways at church and in the community or schools.
- Communicate with church staff and Session concerning the needs of the children, youth and their families.
- Recruit, educate, guide and affirm volunteers to assist in these ministries.
- Participate in the preparation and development of the budget for children and youth ministries.
- Communicate activities through the church newsletter, bulletins and social media.
- Lead and/or participate in the worship, fellowship and mission of FPC.
- Oversee the implementation and evaluation of curriculum for children and youth at FPC.
- Provide appropriate volunteer and teacher training opportunities.
- Attend regular staff meetings as well as meetings of the Christian Education and Youth/Young Adults ministry teams.
- Understand and work within the administrative structure of the church to secure approval for ministry activities, approve curriculum, and prepare and execute budgets.
- Able to articulate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and is eager to share his/her faith with others.
- College graduate preferred or equivalent Children and Youth ministry experience with the passion, gifts and skills needed.
- Self-motivated, energetic and enthusiastic leader.
- Willing to work within the philosophy and teaching of the church in the historical reformed/Presbyterian tradition.
- Possess and practice high moral and ethical standards.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude, teachable spirit, and unifying style of leadership.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Director of Children and Youth Ministry at FPC is directly accountable to the Lead Pastor and Session (via the Christian Education and the Youth and Young Adults ministry teams).
EVALUATION: Performance reviews will be conducted after the first 90 days and then annually.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Employment is subject to the FPC Employee Handbook.
- A criminal background check is required.
- Three professional references are required.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES: Send a letter or email of interest with resume to:
First Presbyterian Church c/o Director of Children and Youth Ministries Search 1349 Macon Road Griffin, GA 30224 OR [email protected] Subject line: Director of Children and Youth Ministries Search
Family church nice core group of children, youth and families. We are an ECO Presbyterian church (not on your list). We do Sports Camp for kids in the summer. WE also serve 600-1000 a meal on Christmas Day. Lots of other good stuff too! Mostly, we love Jesus!