We're located at 419 NE 1st Street Gainesville, FL 32605Sign in to contact First UMC Gainesville
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Children's Ministry
- Family Ministry
- is United Methodist
- has an average worship attendance of 230
Job at First UMC Gainesville
The Director of Children, Youth and Family Ministries (CYF) will be deeply devoted disciple of Jesus Christ, with a passion for working with children, youth and families.
The Director of Children, Youth and Family Ministries (CYF) will be deeply devoted disciple of Jesus Christ, with a passion for working with children, youth and families. This person will have the organizational and communication skills, education and experience required to work successfully with church lay and staff leadership, direct and delegate ministry leadership to volunteers and establish/nurture CYF Ministry Teams. Furthermore, they will be able to develop, implement and oversee ministries for children, youth and families in support of the ministry of First United Methodist Church. They will also provide support, as needed, to the Preschool Director. This is a full-time position that includes frequent evening and weekend responsibilities.
The following are considered highly desirable qualities and characteristics:
1. A valid teaching certificate, preferably in elementary or early childhood development;
2. Two or more years of successful teaching, either in a public or private school;
3. Experience teaching Sunday School and/or leading children/youth groups, especially within a United Methodist Church;
4. Demonstrated organization skills, a capacity for multitasking and working well with others;
5. A background of effective leadership; and
6. An engaging and charismatic personality.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit the following to Beth Farabee, Senior Pastor via her email address (see below):
1. A formal cover letter;
2. A comprehensive resume; and
3. A completed online application form (found at www.fumcgnv.com/employment/)
Inclusiveness is one of our core values at FUMC. This statement is on the front of our weekly worship guide, "With open hearts, open minds and open doors, we welcome those of every age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic condition, family structure and physical or mental ability into all aspects of the life of this congregation."