We're located at 24551 Valley St, Newhall, CA . 91321Sign in to contact Heart of the Canyons Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Baptist (Southern)
- has an average worship attendance of 300
Job at Heart of the Canyons Church
Campus Youth Director
Campus Youth Director (Part-Time)
Santa Clarita, California
Heart of the Canyons Church (HOTC) is looking for two youth directors for its campuses located in Santa Clarita, California. We are a Southern Baptist church that began in 1990 at the Canyon Country campus and acquired the Newhall campus in early 2016. We are in the process of completely restructuring our youth ministry and are seeking two strong leaders and team players to help reach the youth of Santa Clarita for Jesus Christ with us.
To begin with, these positions are part-time (approximately 20-25 hours per week). This role reports to the Campus Pastor and will also have the support of the other campus youth directors. As the ministry and our church grow, there is a strong possibility that these may become full-time ministry positions.
• A heart to reach youth with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to lead them in becoming His disciples • A magnetic personality that attracts others, but is not overwhelming • You are a “fun” person who can also deal with the serious things that our youth face • Loves people, and enjoys leading and developing them • Can relate well to the parents of teenagers, and engage them in the process of their students becoming mature Christ-followers
• Lead mid-week and Sunday gatherings for both junior high and high school students • Recruit, train, and lead teams of volunteers to serve alongside you in ministering to our youth • Plan and lead various camps and special events to attract, engage, and disciple • Participate at on-campus and off-campus activities related to schools within the immediate area of the campus • With the Campus Pastor, lead our youth into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ
• Present God’s Word to our youth each week in a way that they can understand and apply • Create a safe and healthy environment for youth to connect with each other and adult leaders centered on Christ • Develop Christ-like leaders from within our youth • Build and disciple a strong team of adult volunteers • Communicate clearly and appropriately with parents • Serve in other ministry areas as agreed upon with the campus pastor
• Strongly developed self-motivation in submission to Christ • Mature and growing walk with God • Strongly evangelistic and outreach oriented • Excellent leader who can train and coach others • Competence in using appropriate technologies • Commitment to spiritual integrity and personal growth
• Clear calling to vocational youth ministry • Bachelors degree, preferably from a Christian school • Formal theological training or classes greatly helpful • Some youth ministry experience strongly preferred • Desire to pursue ministerial licensing or ordination • Live in the Los Angeles area, as we are not covering relocation expenses • Pass a background check • Agreement with our beliefs, doctrine, and practices • Willingness to humbly follow the leadership of Jesus Christ and our pastoral leaders
To apply for this position, please send your resume with a cover letter and recent photo of yourself to [email protected] If you have audio or video samples of messages you have given, links to those (or the files themselves) would be helpful as well. Please put “Youth Director Position” in the subject line. No phone calls will be accepted.
Heart of the Canyons Church is a network of three neighborhood campuses in the Santa Clarita and Sunland areas. Our first campus in Canyon Country was started in 1990. We are committed to reaching the Santa Clarita community with the Gospel of Christ.