We're located in Santa Fe, NMSign in to contact United Church of Santa Fe
This is a job in…
- Children's Ministry
- Family Ministry
- is United Church of Christ (UCC)
Job at United Church of Santa Fe
Minister for Children's and Family Ministries
The United Church has a comprehensive and multi-faceted Youth and Children’s Ministry program that goes from infants through high school students. This position focuses primarily on children (birth through early middle school) and parents. The church has a Pastoral Resident for Youth Ministry who is responsible for older middle school through high school youth.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY PROGRAMS (current)
- Childcare for infants and toddlers.
- Pre-K and Kinder program in the Nurture Center
- Elementary-age classes for Kinders through early Middle Schoolers (sometimes clustered, depending on enrollment)
- Children’s Choir (K’s -4th graders)
- Monthly Family and Friends Nights
- Regular outreach and service involvements for children and youth.
- Day Trips
- Intergenerational Worship Services (every 4-6 weeks—eg., Epiphany Pageant, Mardi Gras, Easter, Pentecost, Thanksgiving)
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES
(with teachers, caregivers, senior minister, lay leaders)
- Oversight of ministry with children from birth through middle school
- Curriculum and program development (working with Children’s and Youth Team, Senior Minister, Ministry Resident for Youth)
- Primary supervisor for Children’s staff (currently includes part-time Teachers, Childcare Provider, Nurture Center Teacher; Children’s Choir Director)
- Direct leadership of the Young Adventurers (early middle school)
- With Senior Minister, provide staff training in children’s ministry and faith formation (e.g., engaging children and parents with the Bible at any age; child development, program organization, teaching techniques, current issues in children’s ministry).
- Recruit and help train volunteers for children’s ministries.
- Communication with congregation and wider community about United’s children’s ministries.
- Help develop and lead special activities for children and parents (eg. day trips, service projects, etc.)
- Administrative oversight (e.g., completed background documents for all adult volunteers).
FAMILY/PARENT MINISTRIES (with lay leaders, pastoral resident, and senior minister)
- Develop educational and faith development opportunities for parents. (eg., “Ages and Stages of Childhood and Youth,” “Growing in My Own Faith,” “Talking with Kids about Hard Things,” etc.)
- Develop ongoing engagement with parents and communicate with Senior Pastor needs or pastoral concerns.
- Help in assessment of current opportunities to determine what programs need to be developed.
- A person of deep faith with a progressive understanding of Christianity.
- Passion for helping children and parents grow in their faith and live that faith in the world.
- Commitment to the life and ministries of a local congregation.
- Willingness to engage the questions and doubts of children and parents and offer direction and affirmation of the faith.
- Elementary, Middle School or Parent teaching experience and/or Children’s Ministry or other children’s program leadership.
- Strong work ethic and excellence in previous children’s ministry or education settings.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and taking initiative.
- Team player/team builder.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to relate to all ages inside and outside our congregation.
- Sense of humor (which goes without saying).
- Bachelors in related field (eg., education, Biblical studies, religion, etc.)
- Preference given to persons with M.A., STM or M.Div.
Qualified candidates can submit a resume to [email protected]
Hope, joy and faith. That’s what we seek to offer. Here’s what we believe:
God calls each of us into a relationship with God.
Faith is a journey, best taken as a community.
God loves all people (no exceptions).
Following in Jesus’ way leads us to care for others and for all creation.
We invite you to explore this faith and life with us!