We're located at 2200 N Meridian Road, Tallahassee, FL 32303Sign in to contact Faith Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Children's Ministry
- is Presbyterian (PCUSA)
- has an average worship attendance of 300
Job at Faith Presbyterian Church
We seek a full-time Director of Children's Ministry that serves children from birth through fifth grade and their families.
Director of Christian Education for Children
PURPOSE: This full-time position is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and communicating the educational children ministries of the church with the ultimate objective of growing disciples for Jesus Christ. This is a salaried and exempt position. This position would be under direct supervision of Senior Pastor.
Responsibilities of this position include:
Develop an Annual Work Plan to accomplish activities within each program category.
• Oversee a comprehensive Christian Education program for children (birth through grade 5) and their families, which may include:
Sunday School classes, children’s worship, vacation bible school, and special worship/fellowship events including Wednesday Night Programs, Milestone workshops (e.g., 3-year-old Bible class and presentation; communion preparation; hymnal workshop; prayer workshop; workday for 4 & 5th grades, Mission workshop, etc.) Leadership in worship Pumpkin Patch (Story Time coordination),
Acolyte Program, Living Lent Workshop and Easter Egg Hunt, Christmas Eve 5:00pm Children’s service, Club 45 fellowship events, pool parties, summer activities, and Family Retreat.
• Supervise the Nursery Coordinator. In conjunction with the Nursery Coordinator, train caregivers in skills and policy and the Child and Youth Protection Policy, and coordinate nursery events.
• Serve as staff liaison to Preschool Board and Preschool Director. • Attend quarterly Preschool Board meeting and Wednesday Chapel services • Foster relations between congregation and preschool family’s joint programs. • Communicate and advertise Preschool events to the Faith congregation
• Recruit, train and supervise leaders for children’s programs.
Work with staff and Session committees to establish Christian Education goals.
• Serve as staff liaison to the Children and Family Committee and attend meetings. • Identify and plan innovative programs that provide a basis for theological and biblical enrichment of the children and families of the congregation. • Work with the Associate Pastor and the Youth DCE to develop a church-wide Christian Education plan that focuses on the entire church family.
Administration of Programs:
• Evaluate theological content and effectiveness of proposed and on-going programs for children. • Plan a year-long calendar of Christian Education programs/events for children. • Encourage children and families to attend PCUSA sponsored programs, events, and retreats. • With appropriate Session committees and church staff, evaluate the Christian Education budget and make recommendations to ensure there are sufficient resources for successful delivery of Christian Education programs and recommend changes if necessary.
• This position is accountable to the Senior Pastor. • This position will work closely with the Children and Families Committee. • The Director will interact with the Pastor, Associate Pastor, Director of Christian Education for Youth and Young Adults, Preschool Director, and Music Director.
• Communicate with all families with children birth through 5th grade with emails or other social media. • In conjunction with the Evangelism Committee, contact visitors and new members that have children birth through 5th grade with information regarding programs, the faith website children’s link, and a personal invite to any activities
Pastoral Care: Provide support, in conjunction with the Pastoral Care Committee, for children and their families when pastoral care is needed (new baby, death, crisis, etc.)
• Attend PCUSA sponsored programs, events, and retreats, especially consider those which would enhance knowledge and expertise in planning and presenting programming for children and their families, including obtaining continuing education credits are appropriate.
• The DCE will receive an annual evaluation from the Personnel Committee in conjunction with the Senior Pastor.
We are a thriving PC(USA) church in the midtown neighborhood of Tallahassee. We help our members to grow as disciples by providing opportunities to study, to serve, and to build healthy relationships. Our worship is traditional, our ideas are diverse, but we remain united through the grace of Jesus Christ. We welcome all be people to join us as we follow the path of Christ together.