We're located at 989 San Ramon Valley Blvd, Danville, CA 94526Sign in to contact Danville Congregational Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Assistant/Associate pastor
- Children's Ministry
- Christian Education
- Family Ministry
- is United Church of Christ (UCC)
- has an average worship attendance of 100
Job at Danville Congregational Church
Family Life Pastor
JOB TITLE: FAMILY LIFE PASTOR
STATUS: EXEMPT, PART TIME/25-30 HOURS A WEEK
SALARY INCLUDES OPTIONAL BENEFITS, COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE: $48-58,000
REPORTS TO: SENIOR PASTOR
General Purpose of the Position:
The Family Life Pastor is responsible for building relationships with children, youth and families by developing and implementing a vision, strategy and comprehensive approach for all programs, activities (including fellowship, discipleship and mission), and educational aspects related to the children, youth and family ministries at Danville Congregational Church. The Family Life Pastor will manage a program for children and youth, infancy through grade 12. Specifically, all Sunday, mid-week, mission, retreat and outreach children’s and youth ministries programs. She/he is also expected to coordinate with, and when necessary support, the Children, Youth and Faith Journeys’ Commissioners and Commissions.
Principal Functions and Duties:
● Intergenerational Faith Formation Ministry ○ Build and lead a ministry that engages families, children and youth in worship, outreach, mission and educational programs to meet their spiritual needs ○ Coordinate and implement children’s ministries programs, including but not limited to: Godly Play, Holy Moly, Peace Village Camp/Vacation Bible Camp ○ Support and pastor children’s and youth ministries volunteers ○ Design and implement, in collaboration with the Senior Pastor, a Confirmation program on a bi-annual basis for youth ○ Coordinate, develop and teach, in collaboration with OWL Facilitators, the Our Whole Lives Sexuality and Faith educational program on a bi-annual basis ○ Lead and develop the Youth Group in collaboration with Youth Advisors and support of Senior Pastor ● Worship Ministry ○ Coordinate childcare for Sunday morning worship and fellowship events ○ Participate in worship planning meetings and staff meetings ○ Assist in leading weekly worship as well as special services during the Advent, Christmas and Lenten seasons, lead Time with Children, preach every four to five weeks, and provide vacation coverage for Senior Pastor ● Congregational Ministry ○ Provide pastoral care for children, youth and families as needed ○ Hold weekly office hours ○ Responsible for all associated communication, publication and administration of programs ○ Participate in Church Council ○ Pastoral liaison for Children’s, Youth, and Faith Journeys Commissions
Education and Experience:
Ordained (or qualified for ordination) in the United Church of Christ or Formula of Agreement denominational partners (ELCA, PCUSA, RCA, DOC, and United Church of Canada). Holds a Master of Divinity from an accredited institution for theological education.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
● A person of deep faith who has a passion for discipleship ministries and seeing children, youth and adults grow in faith. ● Ability to communicate well in writing and verbally. ● Willingness to embrace DCC’s vision, values, and Open and Affirming Statement of Faith as well as a willingness to accept the principles and traditions of the United Church of Christ. ● Strong interpersonal skills to cultivate healthy, motivating relationships with the children, youth, parents, and volunteers, and church staff. ● Able to develop, lead, and add value to leaders. ● Respectful of others, sensitive, and maintains confidentiality. ● Administrative experience, including team coordination, good planning and organizational skills, and budget management. ● Reliable self-starter who follows-through on details. ● Innovation, creativity, adaptability, openness to growth and change. ● Good judgment and problem-solving ability. ● Well-developed and collaborative leadership style.
Danville Congregational Church is a vibrant, mid-size congregation located in the beautiful San Ramon Valley in the San Francisco Bay Area of California. We are looking for a dynamic, inspirational and relational Family Life Pastor to join us on our journey and to build relationships with the children, youth, and families of our community. We have a growing number of young families with children that are active in our faith community. In addition, we have a thriving youth program. Both of these areas of church life are in need of a pastor to shepherd and guide them in partnership with our new Senior Pastor. With a dedicated group of lay leaders, a young, energetic Senior Pastor, and God’s grace, we are hopeful that we will be led to a minister to join us in this next chapter of our church’s journey as our Family Life Pastor.