We're located at 1032 Bay St. Eureka, CA 95501Sign in to contact Faith Center Foursquare Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Other
- has an average worship attendance of 1.2 thousand
Job at Faith Center Foursquare Church
Reg. hours worked: 40/wk (full-time)
To enhance the ministries of Faith Center by serving as the Pastor for Youth (Middle and High school)
Provide Oversight and support for Young Adults Ministry
Youth Pastor - Bridge Youth Ministries (Middle and High School)
- Ensure that the Mission Statement of Faith Center – “To lead people into a thriving relationship with Jesus by gathering, growing and going in God’s love” is embodied in the Bridge Youth Ministry
- Recruit, train and empower volunteer leaders
- Establish ways to regularly appreciate volunteer leaders
- Disciple Student Leaders by overseeing youth leadership team, mentoring individual students and training leaders to do the same
- Visit local campuses and be present in the local youth community and train leaders to do the same.
- Connect with parents and conduct parent meetings as necessary
- Coordinate and oversee youth services which currently occur on Tuesday Evenings & Sunday Mornings at 9:30 and 11:00 am
- Coordinate weekly messages at youth meetings, create a speaking calendar that also empowers other leaders to speak
- Coordinate Fundraising (i.e. cupcake sales, envelope wall, fireworks, etc.) and search out local grants.
- Oversee youth events and camps/retreats
- Develop and manage the yearly budget for the Bridge Youth Ministry
- Implement safety requirements from Foursquare ‘Youth Protection Handbook’.
Young Adults Ministry -
- Provide oversight and support to the leadership of Young - Adults program - Meet regularly with leaders to plan Young Adults programming and events - Recruit and train new leaders - Ensure that the Mission Statement of Faith Center – “To lead people into a thriving relationship with Jesus by gathering, growing and going in God’s love” is embodied in the Young Adult Ministry - Develop and manage the yearly budget for the Young Adults program
- Must be committed to the mission and vision of Faith Center (a member, attendee and tither) - Must be background checked and fingerprinted - Understand the importance of equipping others to do the work of the ministry. - A “team builder” with excellent people skills. - Good communication skills and ability to relate to staff members, teachers, helpers, parents and students. - A “life-long learner” – teachable and willing to attend specialized training annually. - Will attend all staff meetings and retreats. - Willing to help interdepartmentally with special events as needs arise. - A “servant’s heart” and mature walk with Christ. - Agreement to the expectations described in the staff manual. - Will work at all church services, arriving at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the service or earlier as needed.
- A graduate of a Bible college, Bible Institute or Seminary. - A minimum of five years of experience on a church staff. - Licensed as a minister or in pursuit of licensure through the Foursquare Church.
SALARY: Range $40,000 - $50,000 based on experience
Faith Center is a solid contributor to the Humboldt community with thriving ministries. We have a youth group of over 100 students from dozens of schools around the county, a thriving MOPS community, and an impactful Celebrate Recovery ministry among others at Faith Center. We are multi-generational and have members from every walk of life imaginable, which cultivates an atmosphere of love and acceptance and engaging worship.
Our youth group has doubled over the past couple years and is still growing, as well as having an amazing support group of solid adult volunteer leaders who invest in our students every chance they get.
We are looking for an engaging youth pastor who will invest in our students as well as our volunteers, and keep the momentum of growth going. Our youth ministry is proud to include students from dozens of schools which only multiplies the ministry opportunities to reach out to the next generation of Eureka and the rest of Humboldt County.