We're located in Saline, MISign in to contact Saline First Assembly of God
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Assembly of God
- has an average worship attendance of 90
Job at Saline First Assembly of God
Pastor of Student Ministries
Saline First Assembly of God
Job Type: Part-Time
To fan the flame of revival in students 6-12 grade, helping to reveal their identity in Christ, while equipping them to minister to others. To develop, cast vision, and administer effective ministries designed to meet the spiritual and relational needs. To create sustainable evangelistic methods to our surrounding school districts and communities. To oversee, lead and develop a team of leaders and volunteers who will implement the vision of our Student Ministries. We do have a team of capable seasoned volunteer leaders in place to assist the new Student Pastor.
• Reports to the Lead Pastor
Evidence of a genuine call of God to ministry.
• Be fully engaged and committed to the mission and vision of Saline 1st • Participate in all team meetings and retreats as directed • Contribute ideas & planning with staff • Participate in all main church services and scheduled prayer meetings • Be available in the foyer and at the altar to connect and minister to people on Sundays.
- Primary evangelistic leader and communicator for entire student ministry (grades 6-12)
- Cultivate a revival lifestyle in students by equipping them to minister to others supernaturally
- Be aggressive at addressing the real issues that today’s youth face, emphasizing the reality that there is no junior Holy Spirit, so nothing is impossible with God
- Recruit, equip and assist leaders in planning & conducting a comprehensive youth ministry including a specific team to lead Junior and Senior High separately
- Develop a comprehensive plan for worship, assimilation, discipleship and leadership development
- Cultivate an active missions’ awareness and involvement.
- Plan and coordinate special events that involve all youth at varying levels
• 2+ years’ experience in youth ministry, paid or volunteer • Active Credentials with the Assemblies of God preferred, or currently pursuing them • Agree to the Constitution and By-Laws of Saline Assembly of God • Ability to cast vision, develop leadership and motivate youth to lead among peers • Must evidence the biblical pastoral qualifications (Titus 1:6-9; 1 Timothy3: 1-7) to care for teens • Evangelistic heart and burden for the lost, including passion, compassion and unconditional love
• Demonstrated leadership and strategic planning skills • Possess good oral and written communication skills • Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other commonly used technologies • Excellent listening skills with the ability to recall important information • Able to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure • Begin and end projects within reasonable timeframe independently
• Evidence of ability to recruit, equip and deploy volunteer teams • Works well with others and within a team • Creative and innovative • Work within budget parameters • Align with organizational vision, goals, values, and policies
SALARY & SCHEDULE
• Part Time, salary
• 20-25 hours/week • Weekend Schedule: Attend and serve at all worship and special services, including whole-church events, outreach events, etc.
Our church community is made up of people just like you. Common, ordinary people from all walks of life who love the Lord, and have a vision to make sure as many people as possible hear the good news of Jesus Christ’s saving grace.
Along the pathway to that goal, we worship the Lord with all our might, help each other grow in the grace and the knowledge of Jesus, and reach out compassionately to our community to be a blessing to others.
The warm love and positive attitude of our community of Jesus Followers Working together helps each person get closer in their relationship to others and God to than any of us could get alone. We are a bedroom community to the University of Michigan... GO BLUE!