We're located in Plantation, FloridaSign in to contact Peters Road Baptist Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Assistant/Associate pastor
- is Baptist (Southern)
- has an average worship attendance of 300
Job at Peters Road Baptist Church
- Candidate must have a personal commitment with Jesus Christ with a desire to serve within the church and a strong calling to youth ministry.
- Should be a detail-oriented person with a warm welcoming personality.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree and graduated from an accredited seminary and/or biblical institution.
- Candidate should possess a proven ability to work effectively with congregation, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers. Should also have conflict management skills.
- Must embrace vision and mission of the church.
- Candidate must also have strong verbal and written communication skills in both Spanish and English. Should be completely fluent in both, Spanish and English, and able to preach in either language.
- Must pass a background check.
1. Coordinate and implement all programs within the youth ministry preaching in youth meetings and/or preparing Bible studies.
2. Coordinate mission projects and trips, church camps and retreats, and outreach eventswith community youth to include fund raising.
3. Plan, prepare and facilitate youth meetings for the varied age groups.
4. Build relationships with youth and their families. Also, build and maintain, preferably an electronic, record-keeping system for all youth ministry related information.
5. Encourage discipleship and a growing relationship with Christ among the youth.
6. Counsel youth and exercise good judgment on sensitive issues disclosures, sharing them with the Senior Pastor and referring them promptly to the church and ministry procedures following the requirements of the laws of Florida.
7. Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and encourage that understanding within the youth group.
8. Serve as an effective liaison between youth ministry and other church ministries.
9. Maintain a Sunday morning English service as an outreach to the community to include preaching.
10. Cooperate with all staff ministries to promote the entire ministry plan and vision of the church. Also, develop and exercise personal evangelism inside and outside the church.
11. Attend church council and ministries meetings and be available as a resource if needed.
12. Be actively involved in the ministry and the visitation program of the church.
1. Maintain continued education growth and personal calling through advance theological studies, Bible studies and prayer.
2. Give graciously to the church through tithes and offerings.
3. Be a responsible and active member of the church and promote it within the youth group.
4. Reports directly to Senior Pastor and brings to him in confidentiality any situation that may affect the welfare of the church as a whole.
5. Will coordinate with Senior Pastor any meeting in or outside perimeter of church to include a work schedule align with Senior Pastor and office hours.
6. Will adhere to all rules and regulations pertaining payment of taxes and provide any documentation requested related to such.
7. All work shall meet or exceed the requirements set forth by the church.
English service and Spanish service