We're located in Sevierville, TNSign in to contact Antioch Baptist Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Music/Worship Ministry
- is Baptist (Southern)
- has an average worship attendance of 40
Job at Antioch Baptist Church
Looking for someone who has received the call of God to work with our youth.
The Youth Pastor is responsible to provide overall leadership of & direction to the church’s ministry to middle & high school students. The Youth Pastor is also expected to interact with other age groups in the church as noted below.
The Youth Pastor will work a minimum of 10 hours per week. This will be a bi-vocational position.
To develop & lead ministries or programs that, in dependence on the Holy Spirit, will equip and encourage middle & high school students, to know Christ and make progress toward becoming a fully-devoted follower.
To enlist, train and supervise volunteers for all middle & high school ministries.
To approve curriculum used with all age groups through high school.
To personally shepherd middle & high school students through teaching, modeling the Christian life, and mentoring/counseling.
To supplement existing ministries/programs for middle and high school students with other events or activities, including social outings, service projects, concerts, mission trips, game nights, retreats, etc.
To seek to integrate middle & high school students into all phases of church life.
To occasionally perform other pastoral duties such as preaching, counseling & visitation.
Must satisfy the biblical qualifications for spiritual leadership as stated in I Timothy 3:1-12 and Titus 1:5-9. Most notably, this includes:
a. Being “above reproach” as to character;
b. Being a skillful leader & shepherd of one’s own household;
c. Being able to teach & defend the core doctrines of the Christian faith; and
d. Being humble & gentle in one’s personal manner.
2. Preferring either a bachelor's degree from an evangelical seminary or pursuing a bachelor’s degree in theology, Bible or pastoral studies.
3. Preferring at least one year experience in ministering to middle and/or high school students either in a staff or volunteer capacity.
4. Must be able to relate to kids/youth and enjoy being with them.
5. Must be an effective communicator of biblical truth as it pertains to children/youth.
6. Must possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Antioch Baptist Church, is a small family, who are in tune with each other, and have big ideas. We have a diverse age group, looking to progress in carrying the gospel message. Our youth range from middle school to high school.