We're located at 1800 Cromwell Bridge Road, Parkville, MDSign in to contact Chinese Christian Church of Baltimore
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Non-denominational
- has an average worship attendance of 250
Job at Chinese Christian Church of Baltimore
Full-Time Youth Pastor (Middle/High School) 40 Hours
• A strong walk with God through a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Has a consistent devotional life in Bible study and prayer
• Teachable, with a desire to grow in their faith a
• Multi-cultural interests and willing to learn about the uniqueness of CCCB • A self-starter highly motivated; doesn’t need constant attention • Has a passion for youth ministry and really enjoys being and ministering with students • Understands youth culture today; keenly aware of their needs in school and at home • Strong verbal and written communication; excellent administrative and leadership skills • A good role model — a person with high moral integrity; positive and encouraging • Team player with effective relational skills (works well with others)
• Agreement with our church’s vision, goals and statement of faith
• Agreement with and subject to CCCB’s policy and doctrine, informed by the CCCB Children and
Youth Ministry Worker’s Handbook.
• At least a Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university in youth ministry or a related major. At least three years youth ministry experience in a growing youth ministry
• Experience leading and managing others
Set and support CCCB’s vision for the youth ministry with a plan to carry it out
• To coordinate all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, evangelism, and missions.
• Teach the vision and purpose statement to all volunteers, staff, and student leaders
Develop and lead programs according to the vision and purpose of the youth ministry
• Plan spiritual growth programs, activities and events that include opportunities for students to worship, fellowship with each other, learn Biblical truths and apply them to their lives (spiritual growth) • Create outreach programs, activities and events (evangelism) • Plan programs, activities or events, developing students who want to reach out and serve others, impacting them with the love of Christ (student leadership) • Coordinate winter retreats and summer camps
Recruit and train volunteer leaders to help you with your purpose
• Every student should know an adult who is praying, caring and investing in their lives • Meet regularly with your volunteers and staff • Build into your team with consistent training and equipping • Promote annual training events or conferences for your team
Build and maintain relationships with kids both churched and unchurched
• Meet regularly with students from the youth group • Befriend several unchurched students with no strings attached • Seek out opportunities to “hang out” with students on campus, at sports events, school concerts or in the community
Build and maintain quality relationships with parents
• Clearly share your vision with parents so they understand the purpose of the youth ministry • Create avenues of consistent contact with parents (regular e-newsletters, annual parent meetings, etc.) • Become aware of the needs of the parents
Network with other youth workers in the community
• Initiate contact with other youth workers to pray for the community • Meet regularly with other youth workers, encouraging each other, sharing ideas and experiences • Program or attend area events with other youth ministries annually
Set and oversee the youth ministry budget
• Set a budget that reflects the values in your vision and purpose • Be prudent with finances, sticking with the budget you set
Involve students in the ministry of the church as a whole, supporting and participating in the
church’s vision, worship services, and activities
Attend weekly church staff meeting
Provide a monthly report of your goals, accomplishments, prayers and praises
Possibly provide support in AWANA and college/career ministries
Please send resume and cover letter to Pastor Tom Tofilon at [email protected]
We are a group of non-denominational, evangelical Christians whose goal is simply to ‘Love God and People’. Regardless of your age, background, profession or language (Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese or English), we are here to administer to your spiritual needs and provide you with the truth and Christian fellowship.
Our church was established on 1972, with the goal to worship and serve the true God, to build-up and care for believers, to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ, and to minister to the Chinese community in the Baltimore area.
At the present time, our church consists of about 250 total members with roughly 50 attending the 9:30 AM English Service and about 200 attending the 11:15 AM Chinese Service.