We're located at 1800 Cromwell Bridge Road, Parkville, MDSign in to contact Chinese Christian Church of Baltimore
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Non-denominational
- has an average worship attendance of 250
Job at Chinese Christian Church of Baltimore
Part-Time Youth Minister
To build young disciples for Christ by implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, evangelism, and missions). To assist the Assistant Pastor in overseeing the ministry.
The Youth Minister (YM) reports to the Associate Pastor for spiritual, ministry, leadership, and organizational guidance. The Assistant Pastor, in cooperation with the Senior Pastor, provides a semi-annual evaluation of the YM’s performance. The YM will be responsible and subject to CCCB’s policy and doctrine, informed by CCCB’s Children and Youth Ministry Worker’s (CYMW) Handbook. Attendance at the following meetings is expected: Weekly Youth Staff Meetings, English Ministry (EM) meetings—as requested by the Chair of the Elder and Deacon Board.
There shall be a comprehensive approach to the development and implementation of the youth ministry. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth ministry to:
- love youth where they are and challenge them to grow
- encourage youth in developing their relationship to God
- provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth
- challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world
- Coordinate all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, evangelism, and missions.
- Lead and manage the Saturday night meeting (worship, set up, etc.).
- Support and guide the work of the youth ministry in an annual process of evaluating the vision and goals of the youth ministry.
- Keep records of youth participation and facilitating proper parental permission with the close supervision from the Associate Pastor.
- Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.).
- Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
- Make himself/herself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.).
- Ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings. Implement and strict adherence to the CYMW handbook.
- Must embrace Christian discipline and CCCB doctrine and theology.
- A college degree in a related field is preferred.
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to coordinate, manage, and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of CCCB or a similar ministry.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- Must have a genuine love for youth. Timeline : starts ASAP
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20,000.00 / year
We are a group of non-denominational, evangelical Christians whose goal is simply to ‘Love God and People’. Regardless of your age, background, profession or language (Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese or English), we are here to administer to your spiritual needs and provide you with the truth and Christian fellowship.
Our church was established on 1972, with the goal to worship and serve the true God, to build-up and care for believers, to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ, and to minister to the Chinese community in the Baltimore area.
At the present time, our church consists of about 250 total members with roughly 50 attending the 9:30 AM English Service and about 200 attending the 11:15 AM Chinese Service.