We're located in Scottsville, KYSign in to contact Scottsville Baptist Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Christian Education
- is Baptist (Southern)
- has an average worship attendance of 250
Job at Scottsville Baptist Church
Minister of Youth and Discipleship
• Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. • Be a member in good standing of a Baptist congregation. • Have a desire to teach and mentor youth with patience and an accepting heart. • Have a passion for leading and equipping Christians to disciple others. • Have experience in teaching youth in an educational or Christian setting. • Must pass a mandatory background check. • Must be proficient with computers and social media. • Related Bible college or seminary degree preferred. • Willingness to join, endorse, and support Scottsville Baptist Church and her mission as well as the ministries of the worldwide work of the Southern Baptist Convention.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
• To ignite a desire for a genuine relationship with Christ and to equip the youth for the spiritual battle they are in. • To partner with parents and help them disciple their teenagers. • To lead and equip all generations to make disciples.
• Senior Pastor and Personnel Committee. (Evaluations will be conducted after the first 6 months and annually thereafter by the Senior Pastor and will be reported in writing to the Personnel Committee.)
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Responsibility for the oversight and leadership of the youth ministries (7th-12th grades). This includes: regularly scheduled activities for youth during church meeting times (e.g. Sunday School), special events, etc. • Create, plan, and lead special events and trips for youth and families such as D-Now weekends, camps, trips, holiday-themed events, Youth VBS, mission trips, etc. These events will be placed on an annual calendar and submitted to the Senior Pastor. • Use creativity to plan and execute relevant, new ideas within the ministry. • Recruit, train, pray for, and involve new and current youth ministry volunteers. • Create and effectively manage the ministry’s budget and submit annual budget proposal to finance committee for approval. • Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership. • Decide on curricula and other teaching materials for youth areas, upon approval of the Senior Pastor. • Use creative ways to connect new individuals and families to our church through the youth ministry. • Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
• Oversee and maintain all discipleship activities within the church. This includes but is not limited to Sunday School, weekly small group Bible studies, etc. • Regularly communicate with discipleship leaders within the church and provide them with necessary resources, including materials and training. • Work with the Senior Pastor in creating new Bible study classes and discipleship opportunities. • Work with the nominating committee and committee on committees in enlisting qualified workers for leadership in discipleship areas. • Create and effectively manage the ministry’s budget and submit annual budget proposal to finance committee for approval. • Use creativity to plan and execute relevant, new ideas within the ministry. • Decide on curricula and other teaching materials for discipleship classes, upon approval of the Senior Pastor. • Use creative ways to connect new individuals and families to our church through the discipleship ministry. • Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
• Should always exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by: a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, willingness and ability to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
• Should be committed to growing the youth and discipleship ministries, both spiritually and numerically. • Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality. • Should maintain regular office hours. • Attend weekly staff meetings. • Should be a continual learner and team player. • Should exercise discernment and wise judgment. • Should conduct a lifestyle congruent with biblical requirements for church leaders. • Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence. • Should be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects. • Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community. • Be involved in the community of Scottsville, especially in youth-related community activities (e.g. FCA, sporting events).
SEND RESUME TO [email protected]