We're located in New Bern NCSign in to contact Antioch Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Assistant/Associate pastor
- Children's Ministry
- Young Adult / College Ministry
- is Baptist
- has an average worship attendance of 175
Job at Antioch Church
Associate/ Youth Pastor
Youth Pastor Job Description The primary purpose of the Youth Pastor is to introduce young people to Christ; to disciple them in spiritual growth; to train them in serving Christ with their life (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model. The Youth Pastor will also lead, direct, oversee and support the activity entrusted to leadership of each area of our Youth program for ages birth through college.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Youth Pastor (YP) reports to the Senior Pastor for evaluation, spiritual and ministry guidance. Attendance at the following meetings is expected: regular staff meetings, Deacons/General Board, Church Business, Annual Calendar and Youth Leaders/Volunteers.
1. Be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in the local church and community.
2. Coordinate and oversee all aspects of youth ministry, which include but are not limited to:
a. Children’s Ministry programs during Sunday worship services.
b. Mid-week Bible Study/Fellowship time.
c. Recruit/train youth volunteers to lead youth and programs.
d. Plan/Oversee multiple events per month for each age group.
e. Oversee annual youth events, which includes but not limited to: Easter Egg Hunt, Vacation Bible School, Fall Festival, Graduation Sunday, Holiday programs, Summer Camp, etc.
f. Develop a summer program to keep students engaged and involved during summer break such as outing/excursions.
g. Oversee curriculum/discipleship programs.
3. Support, guide and mentor the work of the Youth Leaders/Volunteers in an ongoing process of evaluating the vision and goals of the youth ministry and directing planning sessions.
4. Maintain a well-planned, carefully balanced program throughout the year coordinated with the Senior Pastor and church calendar of events.
5. Counsel and mentor youth.
6. Be aware of resources for professional development regarding youth ministries and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
7. Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
8. Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries.
9. Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (social media, email, website, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
10. Be available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
11. Work in unison with the gifts and talents of other staff members/volunteers and maintain a teamwork mentality.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
1. Must have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, as well as, a strong desire to serve in the church.
2. Must be in agreement with the church’s beliefs, statement of faith, vision, mission and value.
3. Must be willing to join in church membership.
4. Must be gifted for and called to youth ministry; someone who loves young people and has a passion for helping students find faith in Christ and developing Christ-like students.
1. Must have a vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry in accordance with the vision and direction of the church.
2. Must show a faithful pursuit of leadership characteristics as listed in 1Tim.3.
3. Must have excellent skills in written and verbal communication, conflict management, proficient in computer and technology, as well as, organizational and administrative abilities.
4. Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, parents, and teams of volunteers.
5. Must be able to lead, train, and disciple youth workers and volunteers.
6. Must be able to exercise initiative and judgment as an independent worker and respond to changing needs throughout the daily and weekly schedule.
Education and Training
1. Ideally, the candidate must be ordained or currently working toward ordination within the Original Free Will Baptist denomination.
2. Ideally, a minimum of a 2 year degree year in related field of study. Requires 2 years of experience in a leadership capacity/role for youth church staff or other youth related position.
3. Must possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of the scriptures.
4. Current on software and technology relating to youth ministry.
5. Candidates who do not fully meet these requirements may still apply, but must have a very high level of skill/experience.
Church requires youth minister to pass a background check and drug screening.
Full-time Youth Pastor Expectations: Hours of work: Average 35 – 40 hours per week.
• Approximately 10 – 15 hours of office planning work. • Approximately 5 hours of Sunday services. • Approximately 2 hours of Wednesday night programs. • Approximately 10 hours of visitation and connection at local schools and events. • Remainder of time spent training youth workers, assisting the Senior Pastor as needed as well as continue to develop programs for students