We're located at 2433 Progressive Rd. Seward, NE. 68434Sign in to contact Hillcrest Evangelical Free Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Other
- has an average worship attendance of 400
Job at Hillcrest Evangelical Free Church
We are looking for a Pastor of Student Ministries to lead and implement our vision as we continue to develop an environment where students can meet Jesus, know Jesus, and serve like Jesus.
Title: Pastor of Student Ministries
Provide leadership to students grades 6-12, teaching and discipling youth toward
maturity in Christ, equipping them for outreach. Develop a youth ministry team of
volunteers to effectively minister to the youth of our community.
- A personal saving relationship with Jesus Christ and a consistent, growing relationship with Him as Lord.
- Agreement with the statement of faith of the Evangelical Free Church of America and the Constitution and Bylaws of Hillcrest Evangelical Free Church (HEFC).
- A passion for youth ministry, a sense of calling by God and spiritual gifts consistent with the responsibilities, including teaching and administration.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree. A Masters Degree preferred. - Three to five years of experience working with youth, full-time professional student ministry experience preferred.
- Male. Married preferred.
- Lead in the development and implementation of a philosophy and strategy for student ministries at HEFC.
- Together with volunteer staff, develop and implement short and long term strategies for student ministry and evaluate effectiveness.
- Recruit, equip and supervise volunteer staff to partner in student ministries. - Plan and implement meaningful activities to provide opportunities for spiritual growth for the students.
- Be available to students through regular personal contact. - Provide counseling and guidance to students and their families during periods of crisis.
- Work with the CE Ministry Coordinator and volunteers to propose and administer the annual student ministry budget.
- Function in a team environment with other pastoral staff, being responsible to coordinate student ministries within the total church ministries.
- Other pastoral duties as assigned by the Administrative Pastor.
The Pastor of Student Ministries will report directly to the Administrative Pastor. He
shall attend weekly staff meetings. The Pastor of Student Ministries will serve on
boards and committees as directed by the Administrative Pastor unless otherwise
directed in the HEFC Bylaws.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Steve Behlen at [email protected] or 402-641-5842.
Hillcrest EFC is a warm, friendly church community. We have a large number of young families, yet have active attenders of all ages.
We’re a growing community. We’re averaging 400 each Sunday in our worship services.
Our worship services are contemporary sprinkled with traditional music. We strive to minister to all age groups and realize that we have people from a variety of church backgrounds.
We are a member church of the Evangelical Free Church of America.