We're located at 724 E South River St, Appleton, WISign in to contact First Congregational United Church of Christ
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Christian Education
- is United Church of Christ (UCC)
Job at First Congregational United Church of Christ
Director for Youth Ministries
Job Title: Director for Youth Ministries
Reports to: Pastor for Youth and Family Ministry
Effective Start Date: Immediately
Hours: Full time position (40 hours per week) Or Part Time Position (hours TBD): hours vary seasonally with school year, some nights and weekends. This ministry could be one full time job or split into two separate jobs for multiple people. Starting at $40,000 for full time, pro-rated for part time positions.
Summary: The Director for Youth Ministries develops, guides and leads the middle school youth by implementing and strengthening a ministry that helps youth embrace a deep and sustainable Christian faith, offers them leadership opportunities, and promotes a sense of belonging. The Director implements all youth ministry events which are designed for both middle and high school students to attend. Additionally, the Director collaborates and/or assists the Pastor for Youth and Family Ministry to offer leadership and implement programming in the high school ministry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Youth Ministry: include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Facilitate and strengthen the existing youth ministry of First Congregational UCC by deepening caring relationships with students, empowering gifted adults and fostering a welcoming atmosphere of belonging and fellowship. • Recruit, coach, deploy and coordinate volunteers in the youth ministries using a ministry team approach. • Implement the Youth Ministry Architects model developed by First Congregational UCC in all aspects of this ministry. • Directly develop relationships with youth, parents and volunteers by taking interest in their lives and weaving the youth ministries into the intergenerational life of First Congregational UCC. • Build relationships with the entire staff of First Congregational UCC, seeking to work collaboratively and supportively with our larger church’s mission, values and intergenerational focus. • Foster and resource student leadership in the youth ministry. • Possess a heart for shepherding and encouraging youth in their faith and personal journeys; display a strong personal commitment to faith. • Display strong administrative, planning, organizational and communication skills. • Keep all documents related to youth ministry updated and accessible. • Collaboratively develop and consistently communicate youth ministry events and opportunities to parents, youth and the church. • Manage budget, and ensure ministry supplies are available. • Lead summer middle school mission trip, co-lead summer high school mission trip with a pastor, and possibly lead overnights and/or weekend retreats. • Serve as a key voice and advocate for the youth ministry in an interdisciplinary, collegial environment. Attend staff meetings. • Prioritize their time in Middle School Ministry and understand themselves in a supportive and collaborative role with high school ministry. • Plan, resource, and lead the Wednesday evening Middle School ministry which is an intentional educational program including curriculum, service projects, fellowship, and other activities. • Plan, resource, and lead a Sunday morning high school youth group from chosen curriculum.
Supervisory Responsibilities: include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Directly supervise middle school adult volunteers. Assist Pastor in supervising high school adult volunteers. • Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include recruiting and training volunteers; planning, assigning and directing work; evaluating performance; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
• The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, having participated in Bible or theology classes or other religious training. • Experience working with youth, youth ministry or related field preferred. • Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to learn other applicable computer programs and office equipment. • Must exhibit a faith and possess values supportive of the United Church of Christ and First Congregational UCC. • Strong interpersonal, time-management and delegation skills. • Displays sound judgment, a positive attitude and professional conduct, including the ability to maintain confidentiality. • Valid driver license; background check required.
• Able to use staircases, walk, sit, bend and lift. Ability to lift 20 pounds.
• Please submit a cover letter and resume with at least 3 references not related to the applicant, to [email protected]
First Congo is a vibrant O&A church of approximately 1300 members known for its dedication to worship, excellence in music, large children and youth ministry, and commitment to mission. Our membership comes from all over the Fox Valley drawn to our commitment of being welcoming and living out our mission statement to be The Church of the Open Door. Our staff represents a variety of gifts, talents, training, and experience levels.