We're located in St. Louis, MOSign in to contact The Church of St. Michael and St. George
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Episcopal
Job at The Church of St. Michael and St. George
Full-time Youth Minister
The Church of St. Michael and St. George (https://www.csmsg.org/), of St. Louis, MO, is seeking a full-time Youth Minister. CSMSG is a traditional, family-friendly church with beautiful liturgy and music as well as great preaching and teaching. We are a high-energy church that offers many programs and activities.
The Youth Ministry at CSMSG offers students in 6th through 12th grade the opportunity to develop transforming relationships with God and each other. Ours is a relational ministry that instills lifelong habits of worship and service to others and nurtures our youth parishioners as they grow as joyful disciples of Jesus Christ. We believe this is an exciting time to join our community as seek a leader to usher in a new season of youth ministry.
Essential functions for this position include:
- Create and nurture a safe environment for youth to experience the love of God and build relationships with others
- Nurture the development of existing youth programs and guide the development of new programs
- Work with the YMLT (Youth Ministry Leadership Team), families, and the larger parish to create specific goals and ministry calendar of events
- Implement the recruiting, training, and encouragement of the youth ministry volunteers
Qualifications for this position are:
- At least 3 years of leadership experience in full-time ministry
- Experience building and leading volunteer teams
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Understanding of child/youth development and family dynamics
- Ability to work well with teens and to work well as a part of a team
- A college degree; seminary is preferred
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
We celebrate the Anglican liturgy with excellent preaching and traditional music in a holy church setting. CSMSG is a welcoming community and a family-friendly church, uniting lifelong Episcopalians with members from other backgrounds in the beauty of our liturgy and music and the excellence of our preaching and teaching. We are a place for all sinners. We strive to improve the spiritual lives of our members through worship, education, outreach, and evangelism. We have a passionate membership serving God with our time, hearts, and money. Our church is led by clergy dedicated to the parish and accountable to the apostolic faith. Through our example, and with our clergy, we are committed to training the future leaders of the church. Our parish and school are united to offer children the finest educational and spiritual growth opportunities.