We're located at 18826 3rd AVE NW Shoreline, WASign in to contact Calvin Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Christian Education
- Family Ministry
- Young Adult / College Ministry
- is Presbyterian (PCUSA)
- has an average worship attendance of 200
Job at Calvin Presbyterian Church
We are now seeking a Youth and Family Ministry Associate to minister to our middle school and high school students, as well as their parents/guardians while providing leadership and general oversight of all youth ministries (6-12th grade).
A) Transform Lives
1) Build relationships with youth and their parents/guardians both inside and outside of Calvin with the goal of understanding, sharing,and speaking into their faith journeys.
2)Provide creative, age-appropriate, and engaging opportunities and activities for spiritual formation and discipleship for youth.
3)Serve as an advocate and resource for our Milestones program, paying particular attention to the milestones of Identity, Membership, Mission, and Commission.
4) Partnering with the Associate Pastor, care for parents/guardians in all aspects of family life, from providing support amid the challenges of daily life to cultivating the gift of discipleship within the home.
B) Form Community
1) Provide creative opportunities for welcoming youth and their parents/guardians from communities that are not part of Calvin’s worshiping body along with leading youth and their families in building relationships with those outside Calvin’s worshiping body. 2)Partner in church-wide initiatives such as Easter Egg Hunt, Block Party, and Trunk-or-Treat, involving youth along with their parents/guardians in extending hospitality to our neighbors.
C) Reform Our World
1)In coordination with the Outreach Ministry Team, encourage and facilitate participation of youth and their parents/guardians in congregational outreach events.
1) Attend Calvin’s worship services regularly and participate in leadership of congregational worship services when invited by pastoral staff.
2)Together with the Associate Pastor, encourage the age appropriate participation and attendance of youth and families in corporate worship that is consistent with Calvin’s goals of intergenerational worship and community building.
1) Proactively recruit, train, develop and encourage volunteers, including a ministry team, to serve as leaders for youth. 2)Oversee the development of student leadership among the youth.
3) Maintain regular communication with parents/guardians of the youth, as well as volunteers, concerning programs, goals and schedules.
4) Attend weekly meetings with Associate Pastor to have time for strategic planning, resource sharing, and theological reflection. 5)Pursue opportunities for professional growth in leadership of Youth and Family Ministries. 6) Perform other duties as agreed upon and directed by the pastoral staff.
-Must evidence a living faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
-Must hold a theology and philosophy of ministry compatible with the Reformed traditionand with Calvin Presbyterian Church in particular. -Demonstrated experience in working with youth and families. Two years of experience in congregational setting preferred.
-Bachelor’s degree preferred. AA degree or equivalent and/or enrollment in college classes relevant to youth and family ministry required.
-Mission Ownership:Willingness to embrace Calvin Church’s vision, mission and core values, and to enthusiastically promote them to others. Demonstrate understanding and support of Calvin’s purpose, values, and strategies within ministries for parents/guardians and their children.
-Able to listen well and interact with charity toward others, offering hospitality, and seeking constructive solutions when problems arise.
-Communication Skills:Able to communicate effectively to both individuals and groups within both the congregation and the community, both in person and through a variety of media.
Independent Leadership:Show strong initiative; demonstrate proactive work habits; able to work independently toward agreed upon goals.
We seek to be a Christ-centered, Gospel-shaped, prayer-dependent community. We gather to worship in Spirit and truth, grow toward maturity in Christ, and spread God’s love to our neighborhoods and in the world. We host 3 outreach events for our neighborhood annually: an Easter Egg Hunt, Community Block Party, and Trunk or Treat.