We're located at 6801 Coit Road Plano, TX 75024Sign in to contact Preston Meadow Lutheran Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Family Ministry
- Young Adult / College Ministry
- is Lutheran (ELCA)
- has an average worship attendance of 500
Job at Preston Meadow Lutheran Church
Director of Youth Ministry
Title: Director of Youth Ministry
Reports to: Pastor for Family Ministries
Status: Full Time pay commensurate with experience and market conditions (salary, exempt). Benefits included.
Purpose: To lead, develop, and coordinate the youth ministries (6th-12th grade) of Preston Meadow Lutheran Church so that our youth and their families are connected to Christ.
• Relationships are key. Establish relationships with youth and families. Create a system of welcome for new families and youth that incorporates them into current opportunities. • Equip and resource parents to be actively engaged in the faith formation of their youth. • Recruit and develop a cadre of leaders committed to connecting youth to Christ. • Lead youthConnect on Sunday Mornings and be present in worship. o Plan and prep the environments/classrooms that are used.
o Implement the curriculum that is provided.
o Equip teachers and volunteers to lead well.
• Lead Wednesday Night Activities (Dinner, Youth Band, FUEL, 6th-8th grade, Da’Light, 9th-12th grade) with support of Pastor for Family Ministries. o Provide appropriate curriculum and activities with one night per month being a combined FUEL and Da’Light night.
o Recruit and equip small group leaders for FUEL and Da’Light.
• Serve as an advocate for the interests and needs of youth to the: o Pastor: work together to make the various aspects of church life and worship inclusive and meaningful for youth.
o Church Council: contribute to the monthly council report that is written by Pastor for Family Ministries.
• Plan and execute Summer SERVE Trips (High School Mission Trip, Mission DFW, Young Adult Haiti Trip). • Create and implement fundraisers for the youth so that they can raise funds for their Summer SERVE Trips (Valentinos, Youth Service Days, Car Wash, MensConnect Golf Outing, etc.). • Plan and execute confirmation retreats (6th-7th grade retreat, 8th grade retreat). • Work with Pastor for Family Ministries to implement new and creative ideas that align with the mission and values of PMLC. • Help provide a Christian environment that encourages youth to share ideas, emotions, and needs. • Communicate with youth and their parents in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (social media, texting (group me or google voice), email, website, letters, etc.) • Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, the synod, schools, and resources that relate to youth ministries. • Attend College Connect events and stay connected with youth who have graduated.
• Take reasonable steps to maintain a high moral and ethical quality of leadership for the youth by screening volunteer leaders and teachers through our background check program. • Plan, maintain, and implement a yearly calendar of programs for youth that will draw them to Christ and provide for their participation in all church activities. • Assist in creating and maintaining a leadership pipeline for youth and their families. • Track Youth Ministry Budget and fundraising funds. • Anticipate and prepare for the continued growth of the Youth Ministry. • Maintain appropriate boundaries with youth and families. • Report all pastoral care needs to Pastoral Leadership.
• Passionate faith for Jesus, and a personal life that flows from this passion. Dedication to the Vision and Mission of the Congregation. • Passion for connecting to youth, families, and all volunteers to execute the vision of nurturing faith within the youth ministries; follow-through and execution are equally as important to the vision. • Experience in leading youth ministry programming in a large congregational setting. • A team player who partners healthily with other staff members. • Demonstrated excellent leadership and communication skills. High computer proficiency skills including: MS Office Suite of tools, online Apps and Software (Google docs, drive, etc), and database management. • Maintain a positive social media presence; being mindful of appropriate boundaries and communication • Willingness to try new things while using the best of our tradition.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Available to be present on most Sundays of the year; work weekends, evenings, and extended hours when necessary. Ability to develop and respect personal boundaries is a necessity. Participation in weekly staff meetings and team meetings are required with regular updates to Council leadership. Must lead and be present for Summer SERVE Trips, retreats, and fundraisers. Flex time is built in for extended work weeks. This job includes periods of sitting at a desk, bending, and lifting of items heavier than 10 lbs.
Please send resume and cover letter to Pastor Kate at [email protected]
Located in the heart of North Texas, Preston Meadow Lutheran Church is a community of Grace in Action. We've been connecting people to share in Christ's mission of grace for God's world for over 30 years, and there is a place for you!