We're located at 6801 Coit Road Plano, TX 75024Sign in to contact Preston Meadow Lutheran Church
This is a job in…
- Children's Ministry
- Family Ministry
- is Lutheran (ELCA)
- has an average worship attendance of 500
Job at Preston Meadow Lutheran Church
Childrens Ministry Coordinator
Title: Coordinator Children’s Ministry
Reports to: Pastor for Family Ministries
Status: Part time, 25 hours per week, hourly pay commensurate with experience and market conditions (non-exempt). Benefits TBD.
Purpose: To lead, develop, and coordinate the children’s ministries (Birth-5th grade) of Preston Meadow Lutheran Church so that our children and young families are connected to Christ
• Relationships are key. Establish relationships with children and families. Create a system of welcome for new families and children that incorporates them into current opportunities. • Equip and resource parents to be actively engaged in the faith formation of their children. o Lead the Milestone Ministry in conjunction with Pastor for Family Ministries.
o Establish opportunities for parents to grow in their parenting skills.
• Recruit and develop a cadre of leaders committed to connecting kids to Christ. • Lead kidsConnect (PreK-5th grade) and Kids Word Time on Sunday mornings. o Plan and prep the environments/classrooms that are used.
o Implement the curriculum that is provided.
o Resource volunteers to lead well.
• Serve as an advocate for the interests and needs of children to the: o Pastors: work together to make the various aspects of church life and worship inclusive and meaningful for children
o Church Council: contribute to the monthly council report that is written by Pastor for Family Ministries
• Oversee special events associated with Children and Family Ministry (Vacation Bible School, Easter Celebration, Christmas Program, family faith days, and fundraisers) • Promote children and family ministries to PMLC partners and to others outside the community. • Report all pastoral care needs to pastoral leadership. • Other duties as assigned.
• Take reasonable steps to maintain a high moral and ethical quality of leadership for the children by screening volunteer leaders and teachers through our background check program. • Plan and implement a yearly calendar of programs for children that will connect them to Christ and provide for their participation in all church activities. • Assist in creating and maintaining a leadership pipeline for children and families. • “Team work makes the dream work.” Build and utilize a team to accomplish goals. • Timely communication with parents and leaders of children’s activities, informing them about events and encouraging their growth in understanding the faith of children. • Maintain a good social media presence; being mindful of appropriate boundaries and communication.
• Passionate faith for Jesus, and a personal life that flows from this passion. • Passion for connecting to children, families, and all volunteers to execute the vision of nurturing faith within the children ministries; follow-through and execution are equally as important to the vision. • Dedication to the Vision and Mission of the Congregation. • Experience in leading children’s ministry programming in a large congregational setting. • Demonstrated excellent leadership and communication skills. High computer proficiency skills including: MS Office Suite of tools, online Apps and Software (Google docs, drive, etc), and database management. • A team player who partners healthily with other staff members. • Willingness to try new things while using the best of our tradition.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Available to be present on most Sundays of the year while kidsConnect is in session; work weekends, some evenings, and extended hours when necessary. Must be present for all Children’s Ministry Special events. Ability to develop and respect personal boundaries is a necessity. Participation in weekly staff meetings and team meetings are required. This job includes periods of sitting at a desk, bending, and lifting of items heavier than 10 lbs.
Please send resume and cover letter to Pastor Kate at [email protected]
Located in the heart of North Texas, Preston Meadow Lutheran Church is a community of Grace in Action. We've been connecting people to share in Christ's mission of grace for God's world for over 30 years, and there is a place for you!