We're located in Yorba Linda, CASign in to contact Yorba Linda Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Presbyterian (PCUSA)
Job at Yorba Linda Presbyterian Church
Job Title: Creative Coordinator for Youth & Family Ministry
Status: Part-time, hourly position
Date: July 2019
This creative and loving leader oversees and coordinates the Youth Ministries program for our middle school/junior high and high school youth and their families. In partnership with the Pastor and the Christian Education Committee, the Coordinator will organize a sustainable youth ministry at Yorba Linda Presbyterian Church. This includes engaging families in the ministries of the congregation, as well as moving out into the world to learn and serve.
- Communicate the importance of experiencing Youth Ministry within the church and wider community and challenge youth, their families, and the whole congregation church to support their inclusion in ministry.
- Recognize and support the importance of faith, differences, conversation and questions in embracing the God made known through Jesus Christ.
- Plan and maintain a consistent youth program including weekly gatherings on Sunday morning as well as additional events that support the vision of ministry with youth and their families.
- Provide age-appropriate education regarding the rich tradition and dynamic potential of Christianity in the Reformed tradition.
- Envision, develop, and lead new ways of doing ministry by youth within the church and wider community.
- Observe all best practices in the Yorba Linda Protection Policy to ensure a secure environment for youth and those who serve with them.
- Develop a team of volunteers, including parents, church members, service organization members, and appropriate professionals to work with youth in meetings and on events.
- Coordinate youth and their families’ needs and requests with support from the Pastor and Christian Education Committee as needed.
- Work with the church staff and CE Committee to publicize all youth ministries and programs throughout the church year.
• Ability to work as a supportive team member demonstrating flexibility, adaptability, and discretion. • Strong teaching and educational skills. • Demonstrates good people skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other church members, volunteers, and staff. • An ability to manage time effectively and be a “self-starter” in addressing the ongoing work loads. • Exhibits initiative and a warm and giving spirit.
The Youth Ministries Coordinator reports to the Pastor/Head of Staff.
Part-time, approximately 8 hours per week. Special events may require more time, such as a Mission Trip or Camp. Extra hours must be approved by the Pastor. Salary and benefits are negotiable.
Rev. Lynn Stone
Yorba Linda Presbyterian Church
19301 Yorba Linda Blvd.
Yorba Linda, CA 92886