We're located in WainfleetSign in to contact Wainfleet BIC Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Other
- has an average worship attendance of 450
Job at Wainfleet BIC Church
Jr & Sr High Youth Pastor
Here are some other expectations for this position:
• It is full-time but flexible hours because of being out two evenings a week and spending
time with young people after school, or at their games and other activities when
possible. Office hours will be established by the Executive Pastor. Extra events like Jr.
high and Sr. high retreats, and mission trips as opportunities arise will be expected but
with flexibility in the weekly schedule.
• We require the Youth Pastor to live with-in 20 minutes of the church.
• Compensation follows our BIC Canada compensation guidelines with regard to
experience and training. The position includes benefits and pension for credentialed BIC
• Our church staff is a team effort and we support one another throughout the year in events and outreaches like VBS.
Please see the attached description for more information. Sending resumes with letter of
interest will be open until July 1, 2019. Please send to:
Pastor Renee Kievit
Wainfleet BIC Church
53007 Perry Rd
Wainfleet, ON L0S 1VO
Or [email protected]
Wainfleet BIC Church
Pastor of Jr. & Sr. High Youth Ministry Description
We’re looking for a committed Christian leader with a passion for discipling young people with the gospel. The
ideal candidate is an experienced minister who can relate well with youth, parents, and adult volunteers. This
role will require a candidate with demonstrated experience equipping Jr. & Sr. high youth for ministry.
• Lead the church’s efforts to minister with and to youth between Grades 6-12. • Reach out to unchurched youth in the community, engage them with the gospel, and involve them in the work of the church.
• Recruit, encourage, develop new volunteers for the church’s youth ministry. • In consultation with volunteer youth leaders and senior church leadership, develop an annual budget for the youth ministry and operate within the parameters of that budget.
• Teach and lead weekly separate Jr high and Sr high youth nights which include fun activities, teaching and discipling elements to meet the spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental needs of the youth in
our community. Make disciples!
• Oversee teachers in a Sunday School environment for Jr. & Sr. high youth. • Lead efforts to minister to the parenting needs of the church body. • Oversee the youth portion of our 25-year plan which lays out WBIC’s philosophy of discipleship from nursery through young adults.
• Be available to preach and teach the Bible in the Sunday worship services when asked. (aprox 3 times a year)
• Regularly report to the church’s leadership about developments in the youth ministry. • Lead the youth in short-term missions experiences (such as local, domestic, and international). • Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for youth in the broader church family (eg. Sports camps in the summer) • Participate in all staff meetings and one-on-one meetings with the Executive Pastor or Lead Pastor, retreats, VBS, and other vision events with our staff. This position answers directly to the Executive
Pastor and is also responsible to the Lead Pastor.
• A love of and ability to relate to Jr. High and High School students • Excellent written and verbal communication skills. • A growing Christian faith and character. The candidate must have a firm commitment to Christ as seen by their Christian walk. A lifestyle congruent with the Biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2
Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
• A commitment to the mission of the church. • A calling to pastoral ministry. • Bachelor’s degree. • At least 3 years of experience ministering to youth and shepherding youth ministry volunteers. • Strong ability to lead people of varying socio-economic levels, and generations. • A desire to teach and mentor youth in biblical truth. • Must pass a background check
This is a full-time position with a flexible start date. Compensation follows our BIC Canada compensation
guidelines with regard to experience and training. The position includes benefits and pension. We ask that the
Pastor make their home within a 20 minute drive of the church facility. The candidate must have an
understanding and agreement with the statement of faith and values of The Be In Christ Church of Canada and
a willingness to be credentialed by and supportive of the work of the denomination. You can find out more
about Wainfleet BIC at wainfleetbic.com and the Be In Christ Church Of Canada at canadianbic.ca.
Pastor Renee Kievit: [email protected] or call 905-899-1343
While we appreciate all submissions, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Wainfleet BIC Church is a 140-year old legacy church within the Be In Christ Church of Canada. We are located in the Niagara region of southern Ontario. We are a multi-generational church. Our Sunday mornings are a blended worship style of service with an average of 450. There are a total of four Pastors on staff and our Lead Pastor has been here for just over 3 years.
Our youth is divided up between Jr high (about 35, Gr. 6-8) and Sr High (about 25, Gr. 9-12) and
meet on separate nights. Each group has great volunteer involvement. Our next Youth Pastor
will be responsible for leading each group as mentioned in the attached job description.