We're located at 3601 Hillsboro Pike, Nashville TN 37215Sign in to contact Woodmont Christian Church
This is a job in…
- Administration / Coordination
- is Disciples of Christ
- has an average worship attendance of 900
Job at Woodmont Christian Church
Youth Ministry Coordinator
The Youth Ministry Coordinator provides essential framework for the youth group of Woodmont Christian Church by contributing logistical and administrative leadership while also embodying the mission of Woodmont Christian Church and the core values of the youth group.
• Oversees and organizes the registration and collection of all necessary information for students in the youth group; includes collecting release forms, making sure beginning of the year registration is up-todate,
and registering students that join throughout the year.
• Makes sure that all organizational documents are in place and distributed in a timely fashion (including event and registration forms, signups for basketball, etc.). Insures that compliance documents are up-todate
and distributed to all the needed parties (background checks on volunteers, etc.).
• Composes and sends weekly informational e-mail newsletter informing parents and students of upcoming events in consultation with youth minister.
• In charge of sending group text messages that serve as reminders of upcoming events and alert parents of changes in schedules (i.e. late arrivals from off-campus events).
• Manages online registration for events and provides necessary updates. • Takes leadership in tackling the logistics for camps, retreats, mission outings, and off-campus activities; includes coordinating with travel agents, reaching out to event venues in Nashville, and
helping find vital mission opportunities that will instill a love of service in students.
• Recruits parents to serve as chaperones, bus drivers, etc. for Bethany Hills Retreats and other events as needed.
• Responsible for keeping track of attendance at Sunday school and youth group. Includes turning attendance numbers in before Monday morning, following trends of student attendance, and making
sure that rosters are up-to-date.
• Oversees food needs for Sunday school, Sunday night youth group, cabinet meetings, and special events. Includes meeting volunteers who bring food and making sure they have the help needed.
• Purchases supplies for youth activities. • Demonstrates service leadership by taking initiative in set up and cleanup for activities. • Keeps track of birthdays of students, volunteer sponsors, and Sunday school teachers and makes sure that each person receives birthday wishes from the youth ministry.
• Reaches out to parents to compile schedules for student events (sports, plays, concerts, etc.) and creates a spreadsheet of events that can be shared with the youth minister and sponsors.
• Purchases curriculum for Sunday school and other functions as needed. • Serves as point person for Senior Banquet: coordinates with caterers, parent volunteers, and AV persons. Insures that decorations, senior slideshows, scrapbooks, signage, and Spire pictures are taken
• Manages youth fundraisers. Relational and Programatic Functions:
• Actively embodies the values of the Woodmont Youth Group—belonging, spirituality, authenticity, courage, mission, respect, compassion, and positivity—in interactions with students, adult volunteers, parents, and
• Helps create a positive and safe atmosphere for all students to help them truly connect to God, their true selves, and others.
• Teaches Sunday school and serves as Youth Sponsor as needed. • Primary role in Sunday night Youth Group is taking attendance and making sure food, supplies, setup, and cleanup are managed.
• Encourages parents to seek out youth minister in relation to personal and spiritual concerns involving students.
• Oversees the reaching out to students by sponsors and youth cabinet via postcard and other means. Makes sure that supplies are readily available and that volunteers are reminded to write to students. Maintaining a list
of which students have been contacted and when to insure that at least every student on our role receives one
contact each semester. Also regularly contributes in reaching out to students.
• Attends retreats, lock-ins, and trips to foster community with students and provide a Christ-like example to everyone.
• Arrives at church on Sunday nights at least a half hour before the beginning of youth group to assist in any setup and to help maintain an adult presence with students who might arrive early.
• Collaborates with the youth minister in planning activities and programs as requested. Other Responsibilities and Expectations:
• Seminary experience or extensive experience working with student ministries • Attends weekly staff meetings with the full ministry staff and youth program staff. • Attends Sunday worship services and maintains spiritual practices that foster personal growth and development.
• Serves in a leadership capacity during Sunday worship services as requested. • Continues education with assigned staff reading materials. • Keeps detailed weekly time sheet to be turned in on Friday of each week. • Maintains neatness and orderliness of youth spaces including supply closet. • Is experienced with Constant Contact, Word, and Excel. • Is organized and punctual. • Exemplifies honest and open communication and treats everyone they encounter with respect. Core Competencies:
• Mission ownership - demonstrates understanding and full support of the Great Commandment (“Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength and love your neighbor as yourself”), Woodmont
Christian Church (“Growing disciples of Christ by seeking God, sharing love, and serving others”) and
Woodmont Youth (“Building a caring community for all that helps us connect with God, our true selves, and
others”); lives out these missions in daily life and in the ministry position; makes decisions for the ministry
based on mission, visions, and values.
• Teamwork - prioritizes interest, skill, and success in team environments (with both staff and lay leadership); promotes group goals ahead of personal agendas; steps up to offer self as a resource to others; understands
and supports the importance of working on a team; shares credit for successes with others; takes responsibility
for his or her part in team failures.
• Adaptability - joyfully adapts to the many situations that ministry presents: changing cultures, varying numbers and backgrounds of students in attendance, and changes to job needs with each season of the
• Passionate - demonstrates a deep desire to grow in faith and spiritual maturity. Correspondingly exhibits a strong desire to see faith and maturity be developed in youth.
• Communication - works diligently to make sure that lines of communication are open with one’s self, staff, volunteers, parents, and students.
Woodmont is a loving, caring, diverse congregation that welcomes individuals and families from all walks of life to unite as believers in Christ. Recognizing that not everyone worships the same, we offer three distinct worship styles on Sunday morning.